Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How long is too long to juice?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 06, 2007 01:02AM

I've been traveling and therefore off the raw wagon so to speak for about 6 months. I want to juice for at least a week and a half but a lot of people i've talked to about it tell me that it would be too much of a shock to my system.

Any thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How long is too long to juice?
Posted by: robert9876 ()
Date: January 07, 2007 06:44AM

I have rarely found a more diverse group of people then rawfooders. Meaning, everybody has their own opinion. Personally, I went straight into raw (living food) at a 100% basis. Never had any of the problems that I had read about.

So, go at it and see and feel what your body is telling you.

Posted by: singinraw ()
Date: January 08, 2007 03:06AM

Hi brooke_ak,
Do you mean just adding juices to your diet or actually just living on juices like juice fast?

If it was just adding juices I'd just add however many you feel comfortable with mostly daily if its one or two or three or whatever is what I would do then increase it more as you feel comfortable smiling smiley

With fasting I would say go no more than day or two first time then few days or week later do it again like a series of short little juice fasts and then if you want longer ones and stuff.

That seems to be the only way it will work for me anyway

happy juicing smiling smiley I hope this helps smiling smiley

Date: January 14, 2007 08:35AM

Yeah I think you're right singinraw. I'm doing 4 days fast with a nice intro and outro to it. I'm on day 1 of the fast right now and feeling a little crappy but I know my energy will be up tomorrow. Thanks for the input both of you.

Posted by: happyway ()
Date: February 28, 2007 01:26AM

People have "fasted" or more accurately done juice diet for at least 90 days.

Depending on the quality of the produce used, and amount consumed, chances are good that a person will be better nourished on a juice diet than while eating.

This is not to say what to do; that depends on how toxic one is, what one's daily routine is, etc. Good Luck.

Date: March 02, 2007 02:49PM

I agree.. we should listen to our body and nature... not a book or someones opinion.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables