Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Blendtec or regular blender?
Posted by: anneh ()
Date: June 13, 2016 02:14AM

Hi, I have been juicing and eat mostly raw for quite a long time. I make my own nut mylk using an old Oster blender. Also use it for smoothies, doesn't do a great job but its ok. So at Bed/Beth/Beyond they have a Blendtec Classic on sale for $227.99 plus can use a 20% off coupon and bring it down to $182.39. This is still alot of money to me so am wondering if its worthwhile as I probably would only use it for smoothies and nut mylk. Also concerned that Blendtec high speed etc might break down more nutrients? Any thoughts? Was going to buy the Ninja which was also on sale but not sure I like that brand. anneh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2016 02:18AM by anneh.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blendtec or regular blender?
Posted by: anneh ()
Date: June 17, 2016 02:08AM

sorry no-one bothered to respond, guess no help here sad smiley

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: July 01, 2016 06:39AM

It is possible to really heat up smoothies and blends using a high powered blender like the BlendTec or the VitaMix. On the plus side, things get really blended with the high powered blenders.

That's a great price on a Blendtec.

Posted by: Avocadess ()
Date: March 15, 2018 11:21PM

INCREDIBLE price on the Blendtec. I have had mine for about 15-plus years and love it.

I used to have to replace the container almost every year or two until I learned from a chef (on this board I believe) that it was abusing the blender not to (gently) hold down the lid and thus stabilize the container while blending. I've been doing that ever since and have had the same container for 7-8 years now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables