Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

White mossy web on wheatgrass
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 16, 2007 03:59PM

So I started growing wheatgrass and I tried my first batch. It was much more intense than what they sell at the juice store in Penn Station!

I did notice a white mossy web near the base of the grass. What is that? Can I just rinse it off? Is it at all toxic?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: White mossy web on wheatgrass
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: January 17, 2007 02:11PM

Yes, growing your own wheatgrass is the only way to go. You can control the nutrition you get.
I sometimes get the white mossy web you mentioned at the base of my wheatgrass. I suspect it's from too much moisture, and crowding the wheat berries, when you plant. Try using a little less seed and more ventilation. I grow mine under a ceiling fan......WY

Re: White mossy web on wheatgrass
Posted by: ilovecarrotjuice ()
Date: January 17, 2007 04:30PM

Yea, we used to get the white stuff on the wheatgrass we grew at the juice bar where I used to work. It is mold. WY is right about the ventilation. When the grass gets to warm/moist the mold will grow, much like the mold on any other warm/moist food left at room temp.
The taste is much better/stronger when you grow your own. I like the intense flavor, you can feel it at work in your blood right when you drink it...I think its time I started to grow my own wheatgrass.

Where is a good place to buy organic wheatberries?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables