Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

John K. re green foods, juices & powders.
Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: January 26, 2021 06:04PM

[www.youtube.com]

John is always great to listen to. Best speaker ever on diet. But he doesn't seem all that enthusiastic on green juice powder.

However, it seems to me that if you have to choose between green grasses grown indoors in the winter (or anytime) and high quality, properly processed barley or wheat green juice powder, I'd go for the latter in a heartbeat. At least it's grown outdoors and has that benefit. Rain, direct sun, wind, all those negative ions after a storm, access to more than 2 inches of soil instead of roots struggling to move...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: John K. re green foods, juices & powders.
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: February 12, 2021 08:16PM

I agree with John. I don't think powders are all they're cracked up to be. I think LIVING food is key. It's alive with energy and enzymes. I think frozen food is dead, cooked food is dead, and powders have pretty much lost all their energy even if they're dried at low temperatures. But I do eat powders occasionally. These days, I'm eating Nutiva Hemp Seed Protein Powder.

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: February 12, 2021 09:28PM

Actually, I just watched it. Very good. Thanks for posting this, Horsea, because now I'm going to watch the Microgreens and Wild Greens videos. Good info. He is cute! John Kohler.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: February 16, 2021 05:11AM

Thanks for your comments, Jennifer. I find John kinda cute, too. He is all-round pretty smart. It is true that powders are largely "dead" because of all that machine processing, but it is my only option at the present time. I think John lives in Hawaii, doesn't he. Nice and warm there all the time.

John is always reliable. He seems to be honest where his reviews of juicing machines are concerned.

As to wild greens, there's no shortage of those in my garden in the summer - we call them "weeds". I am shocked at how people hoe their wild portulaca and throw them away. Mind you, they ARE slimy in texture. I can eat an entire meal just pulling portulaca. Weed 'n' eat...how about you, do you do this?

Re your hemp seed protein powder. Is this where they just grind up the whole oily seed - or do they partly or completely de-fat it? I'm not convinced that all that oily seed is good for us in anything but small amounts, but that is just my opinion.

I was wanting some protein powder that doesn't have tons of other stuff added, but just pure sprouted rice protein. Well, every brand I buy smells kind of rancid, but from what I read, that may be in the nature of the sprout, it is not actually rancid.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables