Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I tried 3 juice recipies tonight and 2 were gross
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: January 21, 2007 07:38AM

Before I was just throwing anything together and came up with some disgusting combos so tonight I finally tried some recipes. So far the only thing I didn't mind were 3 carrots and an apple.

This one made me gag. Being new to garlic, I probably shouldn't have used 2 cloves.
Rejuvenator

* handful of parsley
* 3 carrots
* 2 celery stalks
* 2 cloves of garlic

I added an apple and a handful of grapes so I could at least get it down.

1 beet
1 carrot
1 celery stick
1/2 potato
1 radish

I think the potato overpowered it ..actually tasted a lot of skin/dirt type taste (yes I washed and scrubbed, skin/dirt best way I can describe it)

Ugh. I want to get more veggie juices in and less fruit juices or less fruit juices with hidden vegetables. I need more variety and I need to stop making myself gag.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I tried 3 juice recipies tonight and 2 were gross
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: January 21, 2007 11:57AM

My favorite Smoothie recipe right now is......
1 pound of carrots
4 stalks of celery
a handful of mulberries (for sweetness)
.....it's good (and filling)......WY

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: January 22, 2007 02:15AM

I like to put greens in for a juice like kale, cabbage, parsley, collards, chard, or anything like that, and juice it with carrots, celery, an apple, and orange juice. I like how the apple masks the bitterness in the greens, and how the celery and carrot taste together.

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 23, 2007 02:28AM

one that i love is broccoli booster-it is 4 and 1/2 oz. of broccoli flowerettes,and 2 eating apples, and 1 tbsp lemon juice...so good. taylor

Date: January 23, 2007 04:14PM

So greens go or hide good with apples and carrots?

I need to get more calcium in and got to find a way to juice collards, spinach and kale without it tasting disgusting. Any suggestions?

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 23, 2007 07:26PM

dear LikeItOrNot-today for lunch i had broccoli,apple,carrots and beets juiced with 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal-it was so yummy and delicious.a calcium drink would be-1-3 inch chunk of freash pineapple scubbed well-or peeled if not organic...1-2 kale leaves-serve at room temp.so yummy.

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: January 24, 2007 08:46PM

hello like or not...

do i detect somewhat of a neg attitude with your posts?

if so ...that may be a good place to start with for improved healing to take place.

if not keep on juicin' and enjoy your improved health.

jj

Date: January 24, 2007 10:06PM

Juicin John - Negative attitude because I tried a few juices and gagged? LOL. Are you serious? People have different taste preferences.

Thanks Taylor - I'll try the Pinapple and Kale mix.

Today I tried bleinding 2 carrots, 1 apple and 1 collard leaf. That came out disgusting. But more because of the thick, chewy, foamy texture.

Posted by: Galileo ()
Date: January 25, 2007 12:31AM

Hi LikeItOrNot

Since you are new to juicing take it slow on the green stuff. Carrot and apple should make up a large percentage of your juice.

You don't make it clear if you are juicing or blending???

If juicing add a SMALL amount of greens to begin with Broccoli is a good choice as it can be hidden with little taste. If blending you will need to add some sort of liquid.

I add greens to my juice and I can take a lot more now than when I started juicing but I wouldn't like an all green juice on the taste front.

Galileo

Date: January 29, 2007 07:45AM

Hi Galileo,

I do both juicing and blending. In the first post it was juices I tried and the last one that came out gross was in the blender. I thought if I could like carrots and apple juice I could like it blended and hide a collard leaf in it. lol Apparently not even though I added water.

I'd just would like to get more variety in than carrots and apples.

Anyone have any recipe book recommendations for noobs who can't tolerate the greens yet?

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: January 31, 2007 04:26PM

I tried juicing for a while and would like to again soon but for now I am souping in my blender. I love soup. For me I can season it more to my liking and I add some vegetables to chew which helps digestion.

Like it or not- I was noticing my nails softening and started worrying about calcium. I don't know about juicing them, but figs are one of the highest plant sources of calcium. I started eating quite a bit of them and my nails are back to normal.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 04, 2007 03:47AM

My fav. is spinach, celery, and carrots. Sometimes I add a few dandelion greens but because they are bitter I only add about 4-6 leaves.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables