Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juicer or liquidizer
Posted by: Sage10 ()
Date: January 25, 2007 02:05PM

Hey

I was doing some shopping for a juicer ( very difficult in my current state mind you). And I came across something called a liquidizer. Is this the same thing as a juicer or is a juicer a totaly different thing?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juicer or liquidizer
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: January 25, 2007 02:21PM

sage

to qualify as a juicer, it needs to have part which separates the pulp from the juice. it no doubt be a sheet of thin stainless steel with many tiny holes which allow juice to pass through and pulp to be trapped or separated from the juice.

jj

Date: January 25, 2007 11:19PM

ok, I see. So this thing that I have is not a juicer then. I am going to try and get a juicer this weekend and hopefully I will juicing by next week.

But these things are rather expensive.

Date: January 25, 2007 11:31PM

sage

go to a thrift store where they sell used appliances etc.

look for an inexpensive model...you will probably want to get a better one eventually if you like juicing.

i highly recommend the greenstar as do many who juice beyond the novice leval.
greenstar is the most versitile and heavy duty juicer on the planet. it is expensive..so make sure you are going to make use of it.

wish you the best

jj

Date: January 26, 2007 01:17AM

JJ,

What would be the main differences bewteen the cheap juicers and the good quality ones?

What sort of benefits do the good quality ones provide that I am missing out on with the less expensive brands?

Date: January 26, 2007 03:34AM

I just checked it out and I saw two main types of juicers available. I have seen centrifugal juicers and masticating juicers. Masticating juicers being far more expensive. Which one would you recommend and what are the differences?

Date: January 26, 2007 06:47PM

masticating juicers are better. there are two typws...fast turning blades and twin gear slow turning. the twin gear will allow you to juice green leafies and grasses which are what you really need for the condition you described.

if money is an issue find the cheapest used machine you can and start using it.

jj

Date: January 26, 2007 10:18PM

ok thanks,

I got my hands on a centrifugal juicer in the meantime.
I am going to try and get a masticating one soon if this works out for me.
Do you know of any recipes that I can use in the meantime(with a centrifugal juicer)?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables