Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

hard things/ pitfragments etc with blending (digestibility)
Posted by: anaken ()
Date: January 25, 2007 06:32PM

I've been blending whole cinnamon sticks with a very weak blender for the past week or so. I've wised up and decided this isn't the best idea.

but I was curious what happens when very dense hard things like this or pit fragments or I guess maybe even unchewed pieces of nuts hit the digestive system. do they stick around and the body attempts to digest them or do they make an exit at some point?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: hard things/ pitfragments etc with blending (digestibility)
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 26, 2007 05:10AM

eat a lot of nuts or alot of anyone thing really and you will see your answer....

or I can spare you the trouble... You need to help your body digest things by breaking them down by chewing your food well. If the body can't break it down it will pass on its own. It will be clear during your next bowel movement if they weren't broken down. (I know kind of gross)

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: January 26, 2007 05:33AM

cleary chewing your food is best, but I was looking for an answer that involves the actual mechanics of digestion.

I'm talking about very small bits of things like a piece of cinnamon that had essentialy been broken into bits and not actually 'blended'. and whether it would hold up digestion, and interfere with a subsequent entry.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: January 29, 2007 07:38AM

Whether it's blended and has tiny hard pieces or you don't chew good enough, it comes out the way it went in. In my experience I've seen things come out hours after "eating" them; not a day later. So I don't see how it could hold up the digestive proccess. Seems to just pass right through.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables