Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Wheatgrass blending?
Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: January 26, 2007 06:22AM

I keep hearing about people juicing wheatgrass.

I just purchased a Vitamix blender, what is the difference if I simply just put some wheatgrass in my blender rather then juicing it? It appears to me that I am getting all of the nutrients.

Can anyone please clarify?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wheatgrass blending?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: January 26, 2007 02:18PM

Good Luck with your Vita-Mix. I hope yours serves you as well as mine has me over the years.
Wheatgrass should be juiced, not blended. The blades of grass contain sharp fibers that you wouldn't want to pass through your body. Chew on the grass, if you like, but spit out the pulp.
The best juicer for wheatgrass is a single-auger model. They 'squeeze' the juice out of the grass, leaving the pulp behind. There are many to choose from....Omega 8003 and Samson 6 in 1 are two that come immediately to mind. I've used them both and prefer the Samson for wheatgrass. I use an Omega 4000 for juicing carrots.
Your Vita-Mix should be used for Smoothies. Let your imagination run wild, but leave out the wheatgrass.......WY

Date: January 26, 2007 10:34PM

Thanks Yogi! I saw a decent Wheatgrass juicer on ebay:
[cgi.ebay.com]

What do you think? Price is rasonable too...

Date: January 27, 2007 12:21AM

Yes, Flex, that HealthyJuicer might make a good starting point. The price is right too. However, I'm not sure the plastic would hold up with continuous use. You might even be able to juice celery and carrots with it if you cut them up first. I started with a manual juicer called Back-to-Basics many years ago. It was all stainless steel and less than $100......WY

Date: January 27, 2007 10:38PM

Thanks Yogi! You just reminded me, I do have a 5 year old Hamilton Beach juicer, can I efficiently juice my wheatgrass with that?

By the way how has wheatgrass effected you? I ask you because you do call yourself Wheatgrass Yogi so I'm sure you have a nice tesimonial.

Peace!

Date: January 28, 2007 12:37PM

flex4life......Your Hamilton Beach juicer should juice carrots, celery, etc. but not wheatgrass.
As far as drinking wheatgrass goes for health benefits, it'll not make any change in your life by itself (unless you drank very large amounts). You'll have to improve your other dietary habits as well. Try living on wheatgrass juice, carrot-celery juice, and fruit smoothies for a while and you'll begin to notice a change in the way you feel and the way you look. You'll experience the 'Wheatgrass Glow' and want to conquer a few mountains.......WY

Date: January 29, 2007 03:49AM

Hi Yogi,

I am transitioning and changing my diet to an all RAW diet, primarily based on Green Smoothies so I think this will help potentiate the wheatgrass effects.

My local Organic shop sells Wheat grass trays grown with ocean water for $12.99 so I will just purchase from them. I just ordered the Wheatgrass juicer but unwisely I did not think about where I would store the wheatgrass tray once I by it. I do not have any space in the fridge, can I keep the wheatgrass out of the fridge?

I understand that I'm supposed to cut the tops parts of the grass when juicing so does this mean that the tray can last for a very long time since it will keep growing? Maybe you can point me to a resource that covers this.

Thanks dude, I'm looking forward to getting my 92 minerals and enzymes shot every morning!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables