Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Vitamix getting stuck
Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: February 04, 2007 01:53AM

I find that my Vitamix gets stuck for a long time and I have to keep using the tamper tool for a good 30 seconds before its gets to blending. Is this in anyway detrimental to my blender? Also why does it get stuck?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vitamix getting stuck
Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: February 04, 2007 03:46AM

I find that if I add some water or juice to whatever I am blending, it seems to help with this. I also think that it helps to put the harder items (like crunchy apples) into the Vitamix first, and the softer stuff (like bananas or soft berries) on top. Don't know why this makes a difference, but experiment and see if that makes any difference for you.

I like to add a bit of water to all my smoothies, because I never seem to want to drink enough water, and this makes it a lot more palatable to me.

Sounds like you are doing a great job at using your new machine! I think you are going to love it.

Sapphire

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: February 04, 2007 12:02PM

My Vita-Mix gets 'stuck' too. Try cutting up the produce into smaller pieces. Sapphire gives good advice about putting the harder pieces in first.
One Trick I use that works every time......when your blades are just 'spinning' and not blending, take the cannister off the motor base and 'slap' it down on your hand to 'push' everything down, then continue blending. Enjoy.....WY

Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: February 04, 2007 09:26PM

Thanks yall! Great advice and it works!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables