Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How long will juice stay good?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 07, 2007 06:53PM

How long will juice stay good in the fridge after I juice it? My kids love apple/ orange/grape, ect. juices but I get tired of having to juice so much (I have 4 always thirsty boys). It would be nice to make a big container full for them to drink on a few days. Would this be ok?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How long will juice stay good?
Date: February 07, 2007 11:50PM

Most juices will begin to lose nutrients after a few hours and should really be consumed right away... or at least within 24 hours of being made (if refrigerated.)

I do know some vegetable juices can remain refrigerated for up to 48 hours with minimal loss of nutrients.

In other words fresh tends to be best but I doubt it matters if the juice is consumed within 2 days.

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2007 11:53PM by TheCoconutChronicles.

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: February 08, 2007 12:07AM

I think you could probably extend the freshness of your juice if you could put it into an air-tight container, like a thermos or something.

I haven't tried it myself, but it seems to make sense to me.

Sapphire

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: February 09, 2007 09:23PM

i have good luck storing mine in smaller jars without out doing much else special except using the greenstar which has features which are conducive to storing for short periods of time. centifuagals are the worst for storing.

juicin' john

Posted by: Wies0087 ()
Date: January 17, 2009 09:35PM

Say I made 8 oz of juice and put it in a 10 oz thermos for a few hours: would that little bit of air matter?
thanks,
-Lisa

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: January 17, 2009 10:53PM

When I owned a commercial juicer (Nutrifaster N450) and drank a
lot of Carrot Juice throughout the day, I'd juice once in the
morning and seal it in Mason Jars using a 'Pump-n-Seal'. It
worked very well, but I never ran into the next day.......WY

[www.pump-n-seal.com]

Posted by: happyway ()
Date: January 19, 2009 07:29AM

Pump-n-seal is probably more economical, unless you already have or want a foodsaver, in which case they have adapters for bottles and canister.

[www.foodsaver.com]

I have the stoppers and got some glass 8oz. water bottles to use with them, for when I go to the gym, etc. At home I use a canister, which i put the fresh juice in, and vacuum seal and then put in the freezer for the first 20-30 minutes, before moving it to the fridge,

Posted by: adadel ()
Date: February 12, 2009 06:33PM

Hi, we make our Green Juice and with the way we do it we can have a batch for three days. On the third day it still has 90% of it's vitality and tastes great. We take the foam off the top, put 1/2 oz of Raw Honey per 16 oz jar, and fill our Ball canning jars to the brim. We use 8 or 16 oz canning jars. For any more questions feel free to ask, Jo and Paul

Posted by: Wies0087 ()
Date: February 18, 2009 04:11AM

Intriguing; why the honey?

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: February 18, 2009 05:56PM

alot of it depends on the type of juice, in my geenstar i often juice up beet,carrot,apple, cabbage, and lemon. 72 hours is about the limit for me but my sister told me she kept it for a week and it was still very good.

wheatgrass on the other had is something i drink right away or sameday rarely.

in my experience green juices need to be "drinked" at the longest the same day.

i maight add that the greenstar juicer is noted for extending the storage time up to 48 hours according to the company's info. but i have also heard that 72 hours is still within the parameters of "minimum deterioration" of nutrient qualities, taste and smell.

high speed centrifugal juicers deteriorate rapidly in comparison. the champion is also high speed and suspect of a more rapid deterioration than the twin gear model.

ending the reply here....most of the publishjed experts encouage immediate consumption for the very best results.

Posted by: adadel ()
Date: February 18, 2009 10:57PM

Hi,

The Raw Honey helps preserve the juice for the three days. We have been juicing for a year now and it works great. I can find out on Sunday quite how the raw honey achieves this and can post again.

JJ has got a good point about the types of juice and how long they can last. We make celery, parsley, cilantro and cucumber juice and have been making this the whole time, and this is the one I can say that lasts great for three days.

Filling the jar to the brim helps a lot too, and we find if we have the jar 3/4 - 4/5 full the juice turns quick so to the brim it is for us.

Paul

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables