Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juicing vs. Blending
Posted by: Pyratekk ()
Date: February 11, 2007 11:40PM

I've heard this mentioned here before but was curious about everyone's opinion:

Which do you think is "better" juicing or blending? I don't own a juicer nor do I really plan to buy one anytime soon because we're working on saving money...but I have a blender. When I want something more 'juice like' and less smoothie like I will sometimes strain some pulp out with cheesecloth. I'm just wondering which you all like better smiling smiley

~Christi~
Natural Living Info
AP/NL mama to Jacob 10/25/2006

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juicing vs. Blending
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: February 12, 2007 07:18AM

I don't think you can really compare the 2. I like them both for different reasons. With juicing, you get a "rush" with them and can feel your body absorbing all the nutrients, it's like having an IV in you and feeling the cold fluids in your veins. Plus you can get some really nutritious combos that don't taste too bad or is at least easy to get down. The same combo might taste disgusting when blended. I like carrot and apple juice but not blended..no matter how much water is added. I rather just eat the carrots and apples than drink it blended.

I would juice more if I didn't hate washing and cutting vegetables and then cleaning the juicer. Takes an hour average.

Blending is just a quick and easy "meal". It takes less than 7 minutes to blend, drink and wash the blender. I like having a few bannanas a day and rather drink them mixed with other stuff than eat them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2007 07:19AM by LikeItOrNot.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables