Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What to do with the pulp from juicing?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 13, 2007 03:32AM

Are there any good places to find recipes for the pulp of juicing. I mostly juice fruits & carrots. Would like muffin recipies or something! I do not eat enriched or bleached flour..help!! Thanks Dee

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What to do with the pulp from juicing?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: February 15, 2007 02:20AM

Put your pulp in the Garden. My Fruit Trees and Roses grow like 'crazy' from my carrot and wheatgrass pulp. People are always commenting about my roses being in 'full bloom' all the time. If you want to eat a little pulp, prepare a Smoothie in your blender.....WY

Posted by: GotVeggie ()
Date: February 15, 2007 07:30AM

I do the exact same thing. I use it to help plants grow

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 22, 2007 12:49AM

i am making candy. i save all my pulps.i have carrot pulp and making carrot truffles.2 cups of carrot pulp,i cup of carob powder,1/2 cup of raisins and roll them all together and put coconut icing on these.the garden thing is a grand idea.

Posted by: happyway ()
Date: March 02, 2007 03:14AM

if you've got the bucks...( or if you're "handy" make one) then press the pulp

[www.ezjuicers.com]

[www.ezjuicers.com]

[www.wholisticresearch.com]

[www.costplusjuicers.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 02, 2007 02:41PM

I would eat the pulp. I wouldn't even drink the juice. Why drink denatured juice? That is so anti-intuitive! Who in nature drinks the juice and seperates the pulp. I understand if someone is trying to look older or who wants to get in clubs under 21 by taking out all the anti-aging and phytochemicals by throwing away the juice but other than that...I assume most people don't want to get wrinkled prematurely...

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: March 14, 2007 09:13PM

pulp recipe i recently came up with......

soak a hanful of raw almonds overnight.

juice some carrots and add almons to the carrot juicing.( you will see white specks in the pulp. capture this pulp in a container about the size of the number of servings you wish to make)

you will then have a container with nice fresh sweet carrot pulp mixed with juiced almonds. btw... (the carrot juice will have a creamy characteristic like coffer when cream is added)

add some raisins currents blueberries whatever you like to the carrot pulp with almond. grate an aplle into this and add maple syrup or honey if you like.

last of all.. add back a little of the carrot almond juice to this mixture. with a ;ittle experimenting you can tweak this recipe to you own preference.

this will give a nice substantial bulk for the colon..... and.... help brush it out and create a living "magnet" for pulling toxins form other parts of your body. onloy l9iving foods can create this type of magnetic effect.

bon appetite

juicin' john

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: March 18, 2007 02:11AM

If you have a dehydrator, add a couple of ingredients, let's say rasins or ground flaxseed or other suggestions noted above to your carrot pulp, shape into mini loaves and dehydrate.

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: Pam ()
Date: March 21, 2007 05:42PM

I use carrot pulp to make mock tuna and carrot bread (as Pistachio notes above, only I use dates). For the mock tuna, add mayonnaise (made from almonds), celery and onion. I'm not crazy about straight carrot juice and I have to admit that I juice just to get the pulp! As for the juice, I pour it into my (very) green smoothies.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables