Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

vitamix 5000 Blades
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 20, 2007 08:05PM

I checked out the vitamix website and reviewed the demo videos for the vitamix 5000. What are your opinions on the wet and dry blades?. What is the difference between the two? Do you recommend purchasing both? How often do you use the dry blade? Have you tried to make dough with the wet blade?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: vitamix 5000 Blades
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: February 21, 2007 02:26AM

The Dry Blade is for grinding grain and kneading dough. It comes standard with the Vita-Mix Super 5000. I didn't need that feature so I bought the Vita-Mix 5000 with just the Wet Blade......WY

Date: February 22, 2007 09:42PM

i got the vita-prep 3+hp blender 4 months ago and it has changed my whole life-pattern. the vita-prep can seriously handle anything. it's shocking.

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: February 22, 2007 10:06PM

I have both the wet and dry blades. I use the dry blades a lot less frequently, but I do use them. I have never tried to interchange them, so I don't know how that would work. You can see by looking at them that they are a different design, so I think if you will use both, you should probably get both, but you could always start with just the wet blade and order the other one later. (Might be a cost savings to order both at once, I don't know)

Hope this helps!

Sapphire

Date: February 22, 2007 10:24PM

Thanks for the info.
At present I'm saving up for the Vitamix 5000. Hopefully I will get it in June.
Before then I'm hoping to attend a Raw food workshop in march at a local detox clinic where they will be using the Vitamix 5000. This will give me time to decide as to whether or not to get both blades.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables