Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Mixing vegie juices can lead to chemical reaction?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 27, 2007 04:00PM

Hello

I've just started drinking veggie juices. About 10 days now. I drink both in the am and pm. I have regular food for lunch and maybe a light meal in the evening followed by juices.

I make a glass of tomato juice, then cucumber juice and/or carrot.
Atleast two veggie juices.
I do not add salt or sugar.
Someone asked me to restrict it to one veggie juice in the am and another in the eve or drink one veggie for a few days and then rotate.

My question is is my method wrong? will there be some chemical reaction since a couple of veggies are mixing together say carrots and tomatoes.

what do you experts recommend? I tend to put on weight easily. And even though i have been on a juice diet in the am for the last 10 days, i feel bloated. I feel i may have put on weight.

Please advice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mixing vegie juices can lead to chemical reaction?
Posted by: happyway ()
Date: February 28, 2007 01:38AM

Carrot with tomatoe might not be ideal...
but allowing an hour between them would be all that's needed.
however also important is to "chew" your juices--
what that means is to slosh each sip around in the mouth for a minute or so mixing it with saliva.
Saliva has a digestive enzyme called pytalin in it, which begins the digestive process for starches.
If one just gulps and swallows, this important step is skipped. I hope this tip helps with the bloating.
If you are interested in food combining you can research it online. Carrots are only very mildly starchy, but Tomatoes are acid, so it might be less than ideal...but no worse than V8 juice.
Carrot, beet, and celery make a nice juice...about 5-6 carrots, half a beet, and 2 stalks of celery.
The tomato could be in a separate juice that includes some greens, celery, and green pepper.

Date: March 02, 2007 02:56PM

First.. carrots are hybrids and full of sugar.. unless they are wild carrots.
Also..I don't worry about food combonations. Its nice to know you can eat the "poor" food combonations and not worry about it. When I have the 3 to 5 lbs of aerobic bacteria colonies in the villious lining in my body I don't have to worry. The body can be so strong where it doesn't matter. That goes for drinking water with meals.. It does not dilute my digestive enzymes anymore like it use to before I have cultivated these colonies.

Date: March 04, 2007 08:32AM

Hi rawvegetarian. So how do you go about colonizing your body with all that bacteria? Has it really improved your digestion that much? Thanks!

Date: March 04, 2007 03:44PM

Once I have the 3 to 5lbs of this culture in the body, it feeds you.. Its like a new organ.. it oxigenates you. also.. for example... just say someoen likes buttered popcorn in the movies.... once you get this "new organ" in your body... the salt starts to taste bitter.. and the fat in the popcorn tastes rancid..
Your new ecology wont even want it.. and... it not by choice... its just an effect of having this aerobic body inside your villious lining... there's no book on it.. its something you have to be guided and its pre-cognitive and intuitive.. nothing that can be read in books..

and the funny thing aboout it is...there are about 8 things you can do to get it.. and 5 of the 8... most people already have them in their home and don't even realize it yet.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 05, 2007 05:55AM

Primal Defense is a probiotic product
I forget the other stuff that's out there
ask around

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables