Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Vitamix blender on high vs Blending for Cavitations
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 04, 2007 03:55PM

There are 2 types of people that blend..

One that just puts the food in and turns it on high and hopes for the best. They ususally blend for about 30 seconds to a minute and a half

The other uses the vitamix with the dial and listens carefully to the cavitations (air pockets) and only needs to whirlpool the blender 2 or 3 times. This person only blends for 7 to 10 seconds. This person uses the dial to go back and forth from level 1 to 10 during this 10 second period. They use the blender on level 1 or 2 for 1 minute prior to blending to prep the batch for the 10 second blend..

What do people on here do with their blender. Also are people concerned about the air bubbles if they save what they just blended. Do they pump the air out with an Anti-Air pump?

I assume most just put all the food in and turn it on high thinking that will just blend it to a liquid while taking all the phytochemicals out of the cell walls or to just break up all the seeds so they won't taste grainy..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vitamix blender on high vs Blending for Cavitations
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: March 04, 2007 05:22PM

I do it both ways with my Vita-Mix.....just for a few seconds at low speeds to get the whirlpool (when mixing a blended salad of greens) and also on High for several seconds to liquefy (when mixing a smoothie)......WY

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables