Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juicing Legumes?
Posted by: mtravis ()
Date: March 06, 2007 12:37AM

Hi, I'm new to juicing. A friend suggested I look at joining Community Supported Agriculture (http://www.mariquita.com/csa/csa.html) in my area to acquire my vegetables. The way it works is the farmer provides fresh produce each week based on what was just harvested. I don't get to choose what I get. This seems to be a great idea, and the price is reasonable. But I don't want to throw anything away (or have to cook). I just want to throw it all in the juicer. While the majority of their crops are vegetables, from time to time they seem to include stuff like fava beans and other legumes. Does anybody have any suggestions for juicing fresh legumes--namely, does it work and are the results still nutritious? I have an Omega 8003 (thanks to the advice I read on this board about juicers).

Thanks for any advice which you may have.

Mark

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juicing Legumes?
Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: March 14, 2007 04:47AM

It might be difficult for yuou to get an answer from this forum because most legumes are known to have some "toxic" compounds that cooking will destroy. They actually become healthier after cooking. Not all legumes are the same though. That is all I really know. Specifying which legumes you are trying to juice might get you more answers.

Re: Juicing Legumes?
Posted by: mtravis ()
Date: March 17, 2007 07:02AM

Thanks. I was thinking of fava beans. But I'm not going the route I was considering in the post--I prefer to pick and choose what I get. So I revoke the question.

:-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables