Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is it better to juice or blend greens?
Posted by: blue_sky ()
Date: March 11, 2007 01:13PM

Hi all,

For greens, is it better to juice them or to blend them? I only have a juicer but no blenders. If I juiced them, what am I gonna do with the remains? Or I'll just eat them the way it is without juicing or blending them?

Many thanks in advance.

All the best,
wong

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2007 01:14PM by blue_sky.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is it better to juice or blend greens?
Date: March 11, 2007 10:00PM

Well, lots of controversy about it! Since you haven't got a blender right now, why not juice them? The pulp you can use as a "salad" or as pet food or, if you have a garden or plants, as compost. Later if you get a blender, you can make soups with your pulp with your blender!

You can also eat them as they are, but make sure that's not the only way you consume greens, because you don't absorb much of the nutrition that way.

Meg xo

Date: March 12, 2007 02:18PM

Meg xo,

Why don't I absorb all the nutrients in greens if I swallow them whole? Is it because of too much non water-soluble fibers in them or is it something else?

BTW, any nutrients left in pulp if I juiced them? Will drinking the liquid alone be enough?

Thanks for your respond.

All the best,
Wong

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 12, 2007 06:47PM

It doesnt matter if you juice or blender if your ecology is so poor that you cannot absorbe it.. try to get the 3 to 5 lbs in your body and see what happens then.. once you get the 3 to 5 lbs of aerobic bacteria you will see what we mean.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: March 12, 2007 10:05PM

Juice them because blended greens can taste disgusting.

If you're using a high quality juicer like the Green Star, there's not enough nutrients left int he pulp to matter. What you mostly miss out on is the fiber which is easy to get by just eating fruit and at least eating some vegetables like a salad a day.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2007 10:06PM by LikeItOrNot.

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: March 14, 2007 08:54PM

juicing green has several advatages..one of which is the abilty to flavor with things like apple lemon and ginger which are my favs for doing so. also those who need large quantities will have a smoother time getting them down. green juices really energize me. the cruciferous family of vegetable ...that is kale, collard, broccoli, cabbage, brussels etc. are comparatively high in protein and contain the much needed organic source of sulfur.

i like to prim my stomach in the morning with a blended drink made from half a lemon, a "half thumb" sized or more piece of ginger...blended with honey and water to make a soothing drink...after about 5 or ten minutes i am ready for a green juice combo.

happy juicing

jj

Date: March 18, 2007 02:17AM

Thank you very much for you all's input.

I think I'll get a Green Star juicer when I've got the money. According to GS's advertisement, "Other juicers and blenders with fast rotating blades can destroy a substantial amount of nutrients in fruits and vegetables due to the heat during the operation of the machine". Is that true?

Again, why don't I absorb all the nutrients in greens if I swallow them whole?

All the best,
Wong

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 18, 2007 10:33AM

YOu will absorb the nutrients if you eat the veggies whole just chew well and like 30 times i think is recommended for all food....most people juice becuase you can disguise the taste of veggies if you don't like them so much...but if you like them then eat them...but if you ever do decide to juice or blend chew your juice too...i know it sounds funny but i learned at the Optimum Health INstitute that it is very importatnt to chew your juice to get the salvation glands flowing to absorb the nutrients starting from the beginning.....but dont' worry you are getting enough nutrients if you are eating enough greens and notjuicing or blending!!
have a great day and good luck
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 18, 2007 12:28PM

Oh that sounds great sachelle. Chewing 30 times is a pretty easy job for me. Thanks for the info.

All the best,
Wong

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 18, 2007 09:36PM

Your welcome.....yeah no problem that is something they teach at the optimum health place to chew 30 times and it doesn't matter if you eat the greens or veggies or juice them...you just get more of a quanity of them if you juice...but minus all the fiber to fill you up haha...oh it is such a topic but you are doing awesome....most people after a whlie on raw go simpler and don't even juice or blend just eat the food as it grows!!
good luck
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxo

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 21, 2007 01:05AM

Good to consume all. After juicing, mix the juice with the pulp and drink. Add some honey for easy taste.

Gretings from Singapore
23March2007

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables