Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How much do you juice daily?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: March 30, 2007 02:50PM

Just curious!! Since our bodies turn everything into juice to utilize the nutrients, it just seems like we should be juicing more.
On a typical day, I have 7 to 8 ounces of Wheatgrass Juice and 1 1/2 to 2 quarts of Carrot-Celery Juice.
How much Juice do you have?.......WY

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How much do you juice daily?
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: March 30, 2007 08:29PM

hey there yogi,

i think i know hwat you are getting at here and if you would'nt mind i would like to deviate from the original just a little bit so as to make a point which may be of benefit to those who need a workable idea for their own regimen.

try to discover which kind of juices you own body is needing. if you listen closely enough your innate cellular intelligence will reveal this to you. also try to discern how much of those particular juices your body would like to have on a daily basis.

with that information, make an attempt to give you body that amount of juice CONSISTENTLY on a daily basis. you can do this by drinking a calculated proportion of the total amount before each meal you partake of and any inbetween meal "snack" you may be inclined to enjoy.

i am fairly sure that each person will differ in the typesw and amounts of juice desied. keep in mind that juices are the most powerful food supplements you can provide you body with.

of course things will change as they inevitably do, so you should be prepared to be sensitive to adjusting these parameters as you progress.

an aside here for those who are well seasoned in their juicing history...i personally think it is ok it put you green star in the refigerator in between juicings and evan overnight if you are using it profusely. i happen to have an old used refrige which works just fine and was purchased at a relatively inexpensive price which i use to store produce in and since learning about the putting the machine in the refig when not in use from a juicing friend of mine, i plan on doing just that. please keep in mind that this is just my own peculiar opinion and that i may not be appropriate for everyone.

have a blessed day,

juicin john

Date: March 30, 2007 09:26PM

JJ.....I didn't mean that what I'm juicing everyday is right for everyone. Did you get that idea? I was just curious to see if anyone else, at this Forum, is living mainly Liquid.......WY
P.S. I'm one of the Good Guys, JJ. Tell us how much juice you drink on a normal day. Anyone else, too, just jump right in here.

Posted by: mtravis ()
Date: March 31, 2007 07:22AM

I just started a couple of weeks ago. I'm probably up to about a quart a day.

Today, one batch was an endive, 1/2 beet, greens from that beet, 5 or 6 carrots, 4 celery stalks, and some broccoli.

My batch this evening included 1/2 of a leek. Yuck. That went down the drain. I'm still experimenting.

The past couple of evenings I've used squash (winter one night, zucchini the next) for the bulk of the juice instead of carrots. My thinking is that the carbs in carrots don't really help me relax. How late in the day do you guys drink carrot juice?

I feel better physically now than I can remember. I hope that I keep it up. I bought some wheat and a sprouting jar today. Wheat sprouts in a few days!

Date: March 31, 2007 01:15PM

mtravis.....I hear what you say about the carbs in Carrot Juice. I cut mine with Celery, and drink it in the morning. I had Cucumber with my Carrot Juice one morning and didn't like it as well as the Celery.
It's fun to experiment........WY

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 02, 2007 11:28AM

I do not juice carrots, without the fiber them have too much sugar, I prefer to grate them and add them to my salad or my smoothies. I juice greens (dandelion, beets tops, turnip, collard, sunflower and buckweat greens, and wheatgrass). I grow indoor the sunflower, buckwheat and wheatgrass. Usually one or two pints a day.

Date: April 02, 2007 01:22PM

djatchi.....That's a lot of Green Juice you're drinking. I bet you feel good. I'm experimenting with just drinking alkaline juices (wheatgrass, carrot, celery) and eliminating the acid juices (citrus) for a while to see how it feels........WY

Date: April 02, 2007 01:38PM

as ia m writing i have a fresh made pint of celery kale parsely romaine lettuce and apple, i will have another pint in an hour or so and probably through the day another 3 pi nts of the same combination. i plan on starting some wild greens and grasses in a day or two...not quite tall enough yet.

juicin john

Date: April 02, 2007 07:45PM

JJ.....That's quite a combination of ingredients. I bet the Apple sweetens it up rather nicely. Keep us informed about the Wild Grass you'll be juicing soon. I'd like to start growing my Wheatgrass outside again and cut it as needed, letting it grow back again and again. The birds like it too.....WY

Date: April 15, 2007 02:31PM

WGY

I juice a gallon per day with a K&K grinder and press. I beleive now we can live on mostly or even all juice. That would include nut and seed milks. See the post I started on the main forum called juicing is natural. I'm getting flack from it because people are brainwashed. They just repeat what other "gurus" say and don't try things for themselves.

I will incorporate the idea of keeping juice jars and the stainless steel grinder chute in the freezer, great idea.

My juice keeps for 24 hours.

elnatural_1

Date: April 15, 2007 05:57PM

Elnatural.....Hold to your beliefs. I feel the same way about living on juices. I'm in the process of adding more Green Juice into my diet.
As far as the actual juicing, I go for 'speed' of juicing and 'ease' of cleanup. I don't mind 'sacrificing' some nutrients. I've tried the Press Juicers and they're more than I can handle, since I juice so often......WY

Date: April 15, 2007 08:59PM

WY

What juicer or juicers are you using for speed? Are you growing your own WG or Sprouts for juicing?

I'm hanging on. Their blindness has no affect on me.

I really feel like going on all juice now for ulitmate health.

I will keep my juicing coments to this board, the main board doesn't want it.

I'm an athelete, my test for diet success has always been - does it support and advance long term high daily outputs like cycling and weight lifting. I'm sure it will

elnatural_1

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: April 16, 2007 01:45AM

If juicing works for you guys then more power to you. I do a mix of juicing and eating. I was wondering if one was to juice for several days,say 14, and consume only that would one get constipated due to the lack of fiber? Anybody with any experience on this? Thanks very much.

Date: April 16, 2007 03:50AM

Elnatural.....I use an Omega 4000 for Carrots-Celery and a Wheateena Green Label for Wheatgrass. I've just ordered an Omega 8005 for juicing large amounts of Greens.
Yes, I grow my own wheatgrass (see link). I grow in stainless steel bowls and add a liquid fertilizer mix into the bowl before planting. It's the only way to go. I will, however, be buying many Greens. I want to try juicing Collards, Mustard, Kale, and also some Tops....like Carrot and Beet.
Happy Juicing......WY
[s134.photobucket.com]

Date: April 16, 2007 03:57AM

Brian1cs.....I'm on Day 16 of a 30-day Juice Feast. I'm still having solid movements, but soon expect to have 'Washes' as bowel movements. As far as constipation goes, you'll have to experiment on your own body. No Rule applies to all......WY

Date: April 17, 2007 03:02AM

If juicing works for you guys then more power to you. I do a mix of juicing and eating. I was wondering if one was to juice for several days,say 14, and consume only that would one get constipated due to the lack of fiber? Anybody with any experience on this? Thanks very much.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you get worried about the water lines in your house clogging up due to a lack of fiber?

Do you get worried about the fuel lines, brake lines, water lines, oil lines in your car clogging up due to a lack of fiber. Do you add any fiber to those fluids and if not why not.

Do have any concerns for babies who live on juice alone for up to five years (mothers milk) that they may get clogged up. Should mothers add fiber to thier milk first, and then make the baby consume it?

elnatura1_1

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: April 17, 2007 06:58PM

Do you have any brain? Is that the way to reply to someone asking for some info? Don't be an ahole,Al. Maybe you could learn a thing or two from W YOGI.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2007 07:02PM by brian1cs.

Date: April 17, 2007 10:50PM

brian1cs......We're all a little different externally. Appreciate everyone as they are and where they are. Look at every Soul with Love.
Happy Juicing......WY

Date: April 17, 2007 10:55PM

elnatural_1.....I'm with You. I feel juicing is the answer for me. I want to 'wash' my body with Green Juices. I believe it has a 'purifying affect' from the little bit I've done so far......WY

Date: April 17, 2007 11:39PM

the purpose of fasting is to give the digestive system a rest and allow the automatic detox response of the human body to do its natural thing...which is take out the garbage when we refrain from solid foods. the digestion of juices is easy and because of the high enzme content the digestion is complete and very little chance of putrifaction inside of the intestines. adding fiber to a juicing only regime would slow down the bodys detox response. juice fasting is liquids only.

some so called experts recommend the use of enemas to clean out the bowels during juice fasting. there is plenty of literature available to those who seek to inform themselves on the subject. may i suggest the author, paavo airola as a good source of such info.

in any situation other than a fasting situation....fiber is a most welcome asset to good health. and everyone should make sure that they get enough to promaote a healthy bowel function.

my 2 cents woth,

juicin' john

Date: April 18, 2007 02:07AM

JJ......Your 2 cents went a long way. Good advice!! I like what you implied about enemas......WY
P.S. I'm still not sure we 'absolutely' need fiber. I'm enjoying the Juice Feast I'm on....it's Day 18 of 30.

Date: April 18, 2007 02:34AM

wy
How long have you been juicing"

How many of these long juice fast actualy feasts have you been on?

Do you get more intense results with each proceeding feast? What I mean is more pure state, euphoria, sensitivity to nature, joy, awareness, etc.

elnatural

Date: April 18, 2007 03:21AM

elnatural_1......I've been juicing off and on (mostly off) for over 20 years.
I've been on 2 Juice Feasts....one last month of 15 days, and one this month of 18 days, going for 30. Why don't you try one?
Other than losing a few pounds, I've not reached the 'State of Euphoria' yet, but I expect it soon. I'm planning on going strictly Alkaline for the remainder of the month......WY

Date: April 18, 2007 03:31AM

wy

I have done it several times and reached that state, I'm about to "enter" again very soon.

thanks

elantural_1

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables