Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

solution for the "foam"
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: April 03, 2007 02:09PM

hello everyone,

recently i started drinking my juices through a straw so as to allow a better mixing with the saliva in my mouth for best digestion and assimilation. in the process of doing so, i neatly discovered that the "foam",especially from green juices, is very easy to drink by using a straw. it disappears from the juice cup very quickly.

many people do not know how to handle foam from grees....wel, here is one possible and very easy solution.

good juicin' to bring you best health.

juicin' john

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: solution for the "foam"
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: April 03, 2007 02:55PM

I use a variety of stainless steel strainers to eliminate the foam from Green juice and also Carrot juice....skims it right off......WY

Date: April 03, 2007 03:30PM

WY
here'e what i'm getting at.......
i was think in terms of not wasting it. it is kinda hard to get to if you are trying to drink it or spoon it it out ....so the straw is fast and gets it all.
why waste it?

jj

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 04, 2007 01:27AM

a friend of mine is tinkering with making glass straws (shes a glass blower) we sat around one night and wondered how many plastic straws end up in landfills. Id buy a glass straw for my juice if i could find one smiling smiley

sorry to go off on another direction on your thread lol

- jodi

Date: April 04, 2007 07:00PM

great idea. could have a small sized brush with a long handle to keep them clean. i keep using my plastic one over and over it cleans up pretty good. the foam looks like alot of foam before applying the "straw method"....but it disappears almost instantly when the straw is applied. the foam breaks down very quickly once it hit the saliva in the mouth. it looks like much more juice that it really is.

good idea!!

jj

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: April 05, 2007 10:32PM

JJ....I'm juicing a Carrot in with my Wheatgrass Juice now. It gives it a very palatable taste and practically eliminates all the foam.....WY

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 05, 2007 10:56PM

lol i looked up glass straws and the only ones i could find were "decorative" ones that were solid glass .. not really a straw at all lol

Date: April 06, 2007 12:54AM

maybe someone will come out with a glass straw for us juicin' people.

the straw also comes in handy when i get too much juice in my juice cup its is ....if i use the straw i can avoid spilling juice from the too full cup as i'm removing it from under the juice hole.

the strw also helps mix more saliva with the juice when drinking it. it helps you "chew your juice" as many experts recommend.

all my platic straw are turning green....lol

juicin' john

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: April 07, 2007 10:20PM

hm, my bombilla might have another practical appliation. metal filter straws for tea could be used on juice... hard to clean though.

maybe slender silver pipes? trace minerals there too.
peace-

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: April 09, 2007 12:46AM

I would never plug it otherwise, but I do remember seeing a glass straw on NFL's site

Posted by: singinraw ()
Date: April 09, 2007 02:50AM

I haven't drank juices through a straw for a long time when I did though I used an actual real straw, like I mean oats and rye and spelt like cut the stem fresh green and use it for a straw it works wonderful and it kinda fun too!!! smiling smiley

I even wanted to put a little umbrella in the glass and lay out in the sun with my celery juice and carrot celery cucumber(good juices for the heat!!! smiling smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 11, 2007 09:40AM

singin

LOVEE your idea! coolness!

jgunn

what a novel idea: glass straws

here's my idea until jgunn patent's the famous Jgunn Drop yer Guns - World Famous Iridescent Glass Straw

1) wash your plastic straws over and over again ... they are pretty durable
waash them with vinegar ( acts as an antibacterial, somewhat)

or with tea tree oil

wash em til they start falling apart
but u can get good mileage out of a plastic straw

wash em in cold water
not hot or plastic will melt

but the vinegar and tea tree oil compensates for bacterial stuff

2) no straw

3) what singin recommended

anyhow

juicin john

i like your enthusiasm concerning foam

i think foam is neat frothy and fun

you'd probably be the poster boy for the green mustache " Got Greenz"?

go JUICIN JOHN !!

joooo sin johnnn

JOOOo sin johnnn

roo roo rooo !!!

Posted by: singinraw ()
Date: April 12, 2007 10:45PM

Hi Veronique,
awwww thanks

ps I got my oceangrown!!! now I can water all the dandilions and spinach and and the parsely in Mrs. Butterworths garden with Oceangrown and increase the minerals!!! smiling smiley I'll have supergreens!!!

awwwwww the greens were so super that in that in ten years I built a time machine and made some fresh parsely and dandilion and stinging nettle and purslane all fresh and brought a pint of each for both of us smiling smiley

I brought some straws back too!!! smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables