Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The stupid handle just broke on my GreenStar..
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: April 08, 2007 08:34PM

I brought my Greenstar downstairs to clean as I normally do every now and then when it's really messy. The sink downstairs has a sprayer but it's not a conveient spot to juice. I gave it a good cleaning even on the outside of the juicer. Then as I carried it back upstairs and I heard a crack and felt it slipping so I carried it down the rest of the stairs with 2 hands. Where the front of the handle attaches to the bottom, there's a crack around that part and it even popped right off the screw.

What the hell? I haven't juiced in a while and was just going to start doing it regularly again today. Cleaning is going to be even more of a PITA now. I'm guessing I could probably glue it but I don't know if I would trust that either...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The stupid handle just broke on my GreenStar..
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 11, 2007 09:32AM

heyyya like it or not
greenstars are pretty darn heavy
i got me one myself

and...well... it wouldn't be a good idea to put a rinky dink handle on a mac truck either

whenever i transport it, i ALWAYS carry it with two hands and on the bottom

also, THANK GOOOODNESS! it didn't drop on your toes

i had something drop on me two weeks ago
i won't even tell you what it was because i'm embarrassed to

but it hurt soooooooo much
and my friend was there

and i was trying hard not to show the pain
because i felt reaaaally foolish that it was almmost funny if it weren't for the pain

as i see it
the engine is still good
the two cylindrical thingamajiggies are still turning, right?

u can still put yer veggies in
and get spectacular juice

so.... tharrr u go!

handles are over rated

same thing with most things that are heavy
i never trust picking it up from the top

ever

cuz i wanna keep my toes

they serve a purpose

i'm just really happy for you that you were quick thinking and observant enough to have noticed it before you had to say bye bye to your feet

that would have hurt BIG time

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: April 13, 2007 07:29PM

too bad about that handle...and really good about you not losing control of the machine in such a situation. also another reminder for me about not taking things for granted or getting in the habit of making assumptions about anythings.

here's what i would do though.... call the tribest company or email them and explain to them what happened with your greenstar. i have called them in the past and have found them to be very friendly and helpful to their customers. so give it a try.

juicin john

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: April 19, 2007 11:52PM

It was another reminder for me to mail those damn warranty cards back. I never send them back on anything just because I never go to a postoffice. You'd think they'd let you do that stuff online by now.

I went to the website where I bought it from..vitality plus..and I could buy the handle/top part for $30+ shipping. I'll wait and see if it irritates me enough to fork over the cash for it. lol. I'll send Tribest an email though and see what they say. I didn't think of that.

la_veronique,
I probably would've had to say bye-bye juicer too if I dropped it down the stairs. lol

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 20, 2007 10:33AM

hee hee
likeitornotugot yerfeet smiling smiley
hurrah smiling smiley

let's celebrate with green juice

clink clinksmiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables