Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I can't eat a raw potatoe...ugh"
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 10, 2007 10:44PM

I'm sorry, I love the raw eating, but please don't take my boiled or olive fried
potatoes away....is there a better way...please let me know....I'm adicted to my cooked potatoes.

hana from AZ

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I can't eat a raw potatoe...ugh"
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 11, 2007 02:24AM

umm better way for what hahah??? to eat a raw potato?? cut it up and mix with other things make sure it is cleaned well...but as far as eating raw and wanting fried potatos ther is no other way to get around it unless you HAVE to have the potato fried eat it with your raw diet....but hopefully and probably after a while you will see that your body gets sick from it and you don't want it really!
good luck
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 11, 2007 03:42AM

I can't eat raw potatoes either, but they make a pretty good juice that is quite good for you. I added some potato to my carrot juice today.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: April 11, 2007 05:40AM

lol weird. Potatoes was one of the few veggies I could easily eat raw. I used to eat them raw when I was a kid too and my grandmother would yell at me and tell me I'd get sick from it.. as she fried them and mashed them with pounds of butter and milk. Go figure.

At least find a healthier way of cooking them.. try boiling or baking and get away from that fried crap.

Posted by: macfly ()
Date: April 11, 2007 02:49PM

Good suggestions above...just like earthangel said, you might try incorporating as much raw into your life as is comfortable for you, and hang on to the potatoes until you don't want them anymore, or until it's not worth the aftereffects of eating them. Or, steaming them would be the most gentle way to cook them. Sometimes if I get cravings that I simply have to answer with cooked food, I have enjoyed an avocado mashed into steamed sweet potatoes (which doesn't seem to throw me out of whack as much as white potatoes).

Do you think it's possible that actually, you're attached to the saltiness and texture of fried potatoes. Do you have a dehydrator? Maybe you could play around with slicing similar root vegetables very thin, and then marinating them before dehydrating them to a somewhat crunchy consistency.

Posted by: khale ()
Date: April 12, 2007 03:03AM

Commercially farmed potatos are a major GMO crop. I'd stick with organic if eating them raw.

khale

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 12, 2007 04:48AM

hana,

<<I'm sorry,>>

okay

<< I love the raw eating, but please don't take my boiled or olive fried
potatoes away....>>

i won't take them away from you
i promisesmiling smiley

Date: April 12, 2007 06:15PM

Thanks for all the info...I don't have a dehydrate, but I will search out for one.
I do eat red ruby potatoes and absolutey will try baking thin slices and steaming them. I've never tried jucing them yet. I've only been eating raw for 2 weeks and lost 10 lbs...I love it!! My face is clearer and no more dark circles underneath
my eyes. I have to say this web site has helped me so so so much! With everyones
input...what a encouragement!!!

Thanks Hana from AZ

Date: April 20, 2007 02:18AM

The way to eat a raw potato is to cut it up into small pieces and soak it in lemon juice for a half hour. They are quite digestible then.

Posted by: ReneeK ()
Date: April 20, 2007 03:50AM

macfly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I have
> enjoyed an avocado mashed into steamed sweet
> potatoes <<END QUOTE>>

I love both sweet potatoes and avocado. Does that really taste good together, or do you just like it because it calms your craving? :-)

Thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables