Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

would you believe...?
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: April 18, 2007 08:24PM

would you believe...?

the grasses (all differnt kinds)in my yard taste better than any wheatgrass i have ever juiced. it is a tiny bit sweet but not bitter and it goes down smoothly. i dilute it with a little water as i am getting used to it and its freeeeeeeee. just go out and cut it with a knife or scissors. wow!!!!

beam me back down scotty!

juicin john

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: would you believe...?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: April 18, 2007 10:31PM

That's great JJ. I wish I had an unlimited supply like you do. I've thought about growing Wheatgrass outdoors, but there's so much to deal with where I live now......birds and Lawn Service with their chemicals.
I like to cut my Wheatgrass with an 8" knife made by Wusthof. I used scissors for years before switching......WY

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: April 19, 2007 12:28AM

I went outside. I cut. I tasted. I believe!!! Thanks Juicin John. Another weapon in my already fearsome repertoire.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 19, 2007 09:29AM

I buhhh leaaaaavvveeeeee

yessmiling smiley

i surely do believe

you

i do

its true

Posted by: khale ()
Date: April 19, 2007 01:01PM

any grasses? it's not necessary to know exactly which grasses you're ingesting? I mean, are ALL grasses edible?

When I was a kid (and still occasionally now) I chewed on grasses, clovers and clover blossoms and that sort of thing a lot. Are you saying that I can juice these things for health?

khale

Posted by: khale ()
Date: April 19, 2007 01:05PM

Sorry guys...these questions have been pretty much answered already.

But wow! I love the idea of going out to the nearest woods (or my back yard!) and collecting grasses, wild berries and clovers for juicing!

too cool

khale

Date: April 19, 2007 09:56PM

i think that diluting the grass juices with water is best in the beginning. they are really pleasant to the taste and the after taste is really nice too.
sows and horse grow quite well from this kinda food so there must be huge nutritional benefits with it.

i'm thinking about doing a fasting cleanse with grass juices. i also throw in a few dandelions and other herbs which i am familiar with.

the soils where these grasses grow are not depleted like the farmed soil which our food is grown on. evan organic farmers cannot guarantee us mineral rich soil.

celebrate spring with green grass juicing!

juicin'john

Date: April 20, 2007 01:01AM

excuse my typo...cows not "sows".

jj

Posted by: ReneeK ()
Date: April 20, 2007 03:52AM

khale Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry guys...these questions have been pretty much
> answered already.
>
> But wow! I love the idea of going out to the
> nearest woods (or my back yard!) and collecting
> grasses, wild berries and clovers for juicing!
>
> too cool
>
> khale

I used to eat grasses when I was a kid, too. LOL.

I'm not seeing where the questions were already answered. In another thread, perhaps?

Proud to be a tandem breastfeeding, cosleeping, mei tai wearing, natural/homebirthing, cloth diapering, never spanking, non-circumcising mama to two wonderful little leeches. Baby Boy '04, Baby girl '06. :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables