Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

best salad ever
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: April 20, 2007 05:07PM

i realize this is off topic, but definitely sharing with a group of juice worthy peoples.

wild dandelion sald

using a pocet knife or better a little large with a study blade, cut the dandeline floret somewhere on the root under the leaves. (dandelions must be before the blooming stage...still tender and chewable)

trimoff the excess root and remove dead leaves and grass etc. before throwing them in to a bowl, bag, bucket, ..whatever you may be using as a collecting container.

you will be placing nicely manicured dandelion florets, intact leaves and bud where the flower will soon grow out from. look for medium size to large florets, since the small ones are labor intensive and take a long time to accumulate enough for a good sized salad. you will be on your knees suring the collection process..relax and enjoy your harvesting!

once you have your floret collected, fill a sink basin with water and dump your bag of florets into the water and swish them around with your hands etc.
the water will no doubt get cloudy with dirt, mud and whatever. here is where you will realize the benefit of cleaning out the grass and leaves before you put them in the bag. i collect them in a plastic bag.

drain out the first basin of water, and rinse them again and again until you are satified that you have gotten most of the dirt off... a little bit of dirt wont hurt you. should you feel like you are chomping on gritty stuff ...that means you did'nt rinse them enough. next time you will hopefully remember to do so. lol

ok take them out of the sink and drain off the water. i use a salad spinner and it spins the water right out nicely. now you are ready to prepare one of the best salads you ever ate.

put the dandwlion florets into a big sald bowl. slice up about 1/2 of a sweet onion or a regular onion will be ok too, sprinkle on a generous amount of extra virgin olive oil. next sprinkle some good sea salt or the equivalent quality thereof. and lastly some un pasteurized apple cider vineagar or what ever typw you personally prefer. i like the apple cider myself for this sald. if you are one who refuses to use vineagar fresh lemon should work very good too. toss the salad a little to mix the dressing in and enjoy.

personmally i use chopsticks but forks work good too. put the entire floret of dandelion in your mouth and chew it up of if too large use just bite half of it off and eat the other half on the next bite.

i eat this sald every sping time until the dandelions start flowering..they get tough at that point...but are good for juicing. dandelion flowers are a good source of vitamin d. take it easy and just do "shooters" of pure dandelion juice.... its very bitter.

bon appetit!

juicin'john

juicin john

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: best salad ever
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 22, 2007 08:30AM

juicin john LUVS to share

of course smiling smiley

gimmme som o dat!

join us in our happy dandelion meadows

there are some rabbits there too
if u don't mind
they luv dandelions as well

i promised them that we would all share
if u bring the salad to the meadows

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables