Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What do you clean your GreenStar with?
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: May 02, 2007 03:43PM

The brush that came with my GS is getting worn down and even more useless than it originally was. Before I go find a stiff toothbrush to buy, any other suggestions? Or where I could find a good one?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What do you clean your GreenStar with?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 02, 2007 08:30PM

GreenStar sells replacement brushes I think, but maybe they don't. Omega makes a nice one. That's the one I use. I think there're about $10. I order directly from their website......WY

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 03, 2007 05:28AM

In fl we took it outside on the grass and used a garden hose.

elnatural

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: May 03, 2007 03:15PM

Yeah I wanted to get a replacement brush but that thing sucks anyway on the screen and the inside part of the juicer where everything connects.

Date: May 04, 2007 01:16AM

Yes, but the replacement brush can be used for other things as well. I always found it 'not easy' to clean a twin-gear. Maybe elnatural has the right idea....just throw it out in the yard and hose it off. LOL.....WY

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 06, 2007 10:45AM

I use a hard toothbrush with some baking soda for the last couple of months, it works very well.

Date: May 06, 2007 01:48PM

id.....But then don't you have to rinse off the baking soda? I've found that just cold water and a brush (and sometimes a little hand) works best. It's a 'time saver' too, if you juice a few times a day......WY

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 06, 2007 02:54PM

just go to the store
get a new toothbrush

the greenstar brush works great
but if u don't have it

toothbrush will work

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: May 13, 2007 03:41PM

hi everyone

been away for a short time..nice to be back.

first aof all i would like to comment on clean up of any machine.

alot of it has to do with your attitude, if you a negative minded person about the chore it will be more of a chore....if you have a positive attitude about it ..you will breeze right through it like it was nothing.

but we can always have better tools to work with. my favorite brush for cleaning greenstar is what is commonly known as a vegetable scrubbing brush with a handle. it kinda looks like a donut on short stick. these are commonly found in walmarts, grocer stores, and just about anywhere kitchen acessories are sold. i give it a "squeeze" vertically (on same line as the handle" and it makeit fit perfectly into the twin gear screen...it also does great on the outside of the screen..i still use the one that comes with the machine for the puplp discharge hole and the handy little shap point for "digging" stuff out of the crevices. btw: i always do that part under running water. indoor plumbing is great!

good juicin' to you all

jj

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 13, 2007 04:20PM

welcome back john smiling smiley i hear ya about the attitude thing
someone posted a few months back abuot the tedium of tending to their fruits and veggies everyday

i a big board and crosslegged on the floor, some nice music on and get all meditative while chop chop chopping

its my quiet time when i have a moment in my day to a reflect and be thankfull

i cherish my tedious chopping chores hehe smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 15, 2007 02:14PM

My husband won't juice because of the clean up. It hardly takes any time and I actually enjoy it. One day I was thinking about the clean up we used to do after eggs and hashbrowns and toast. A juicer is way easier. Last weekend he got up at the crack of dawn and went out and worked on a fence. We live in S. Lousiana and he was hot and depleted after a few hours. I took him carrot juice and he talked about how perfect it was. Maybe his attitude about juicing is changing.

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: May 15, 2007 02:48PM

my guess is that he just doesn't value juicing as something important to him at this time. without the value the clean up is the first excuse that comes to mind. if you really value something, it would be difficult for negatives to get in the way.

if you could get him to read a book that will impress him about the beneficial things about juicing, for example a longer and higher quality life, he may turn around. meanwhile just keep on juicing for yourself and offering to share with him the fruits of your "clean up".

good luck

juicin john

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables