Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Lov'in My JUICER smiling smiley
Posted by: Ksee ()
Date: May 06, 2007 06:19PM

Hey all! I have been lovin my juicer! It is a Hamilton Beach. The only thing I have been surprised at is how much fruit it takes to get juice! It takes a lot of fruit to make a small cup. I did a whole bag of carrots 1lbers, and the entire bag only gave me way less than half a Dasani water bottle. Should I add water to it? I did apple juice last night. I used 4 Fuji apples. I kept it in the fridge overnight and had it with my lunch. It was good. Had to keep stirring it though.

Any tips, suggestions or comments are always welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Ksee ( One of my Irish Setter's)

Ksee@rawfoods.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lov'in My JUICER smiling smiley
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 06, 2007 08:45PM

i think thats the problem with the centrifugal type juicers , they create alot of pulp waste, i stilluse one myself along with the others i have

i dont see any problem adding water to it if thats what you want smiling smiley

over tiem you will probably want to look at a juicer thta gets more out of your produce

i still use my cetrifugal for the juicier stufff like watermelon that doesnt have a whole lotta pulp ..or oranges

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 06, 2007 09:32PM

How can you love a juicer that doesn't produce very much juice? You didn't tell us what model of Hamilton Beach you have. I'd like to look it up on Google. I use a centrifugal (Omega 4000) for carrot juice and like it very much because it produces a lot of juice and it's quick. The juice is almost pulp free, too......WY

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 06, 2007 09:53PM

yep sorry WY i should have said SOME or ALOT of centrifugal type juicers are wastefull ..not just generalized them all

i stand corrected smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 06, 2007 10:00PM

i love my juicer too..but i have slow single gear by omega the 8300 or 8500 series..I LOVE IT....hmm though that is sad you don't get much juice...it deos take a lot of produce to make juice..but should taken TONS AND TONS...
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: May 13, 2007 03:50PM

without any doubt whatsover...greenstar is the most economical juicer. more juice per pound and a wide spectrum of "juicability".

have actually been juicing my lawn for free. (dandelions and all)

because of this high efficiency ...i would say that logically the greenstar will actually pay for itself...based on the savings with free stuff which is available from nature and the rising prices of storebought veggies and fruits.

single augur machines are weak when shown side by side to a greenstar. pay a slight bit more money and get alot more of a machine. centrifugals are very wasteful,hence the most expensive to use.

love my greenstar!

juicin' john

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables