Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Jack Lalaine Juicer - Not very satisfied, I think
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 11, 2007 08:46PM

Target had the Jack Lalaine Juicer on sale - $99.00 and you get a $25 gift card - so I bought one. I'm not sure, even at the cheaper price, if it's a good investment. Few things:

1. The pulp being spit out doesn't really fall into the collection bin, it stays in the pulp arm and collects. It's not bad enough that is clogs because it's a big "arm" but when you are done a good amount is left there to wipe or scoop away.

2. The pulp is very moist. It is giving me a lot of juice but I wonder how much I'm missing.

Anybody else have one and what do you think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jack Lalaine Juicer - Not very satisfied, I think
Posted by: Howlingmoon ()
Date: May 11, 2007 09:11PM

I have the same one. I bought mine from Walmart.com. The first time I tried using it, I was clueless, and putting too many apple wedges in at once. lol I've also noticed the damp pulp. Tis a little waste but, the box and everything says it gives you 30% more juice than other juicers. I don' know if that's true as tis my first and only juicer. The pulp getting stuck in the arm's a bit of a pain but, easily cleaned away after I've finished juicing, and start the clean up.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 12, 2007 10:17AM

Apples are the most difficult Fruit to juice (with any juicer). You'll get better results with Carrots and Celery.
Happy Juicing......WY
P.S. When you can affort it, buy an Omega 4000 and throw out that Jack La Lanne.

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: May 13, 2007 05:27PM

my advice to you unfortunate people who got suckered in on the jack lalanne thing is stay away from centrifugals. they are all basically the same as far as wetness of pulp is concerned. i learned my lesson they expensive way too!

sorry wheatgrass yogi the omega 4000 is also in that category.

juicin'john

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 14, 2007 12:28AM

That's okay JJ, my feelings aren't hurt. Just always go with what you think, and I will too. I like my Omega 8003 (single-gear) for Celery Juice but still prefer the Omega 4000 (centrifugal) for Carrot Juice. I juice a lot of carrots at a time and like the speed of my 4000 and don't mind giving up some nutrition.
Happy Juicing to All......WY

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: May 14, 2007 01:39AM

sorry wheatgrass yogi.....i think you missed the point of what i was saying about centrifugals. its about throwing away juice with pulp ...flat out throwing away your hard earned money ...especially with the high cost of organic and for that matter just regular veggies.

as far as speed is concerned....its only a matter of a couple of extra minutes and as a side bonus my arms get a little work out as i am making my juice ...not a bad thing.

just had to clear up my intended idea,

juicin' john

Posted by: Livin2 ()
Date: May 16, 2007 08:08PM

Has anyone used or heard of the Solor star 2 juicer? I have a Waring Health Juicer and am looking into somthing that can make frozen ice cream from frozen fruit. I do love my Waring Juicer I've had it for 8 years and going strong. There are a few things it can't do like Wheatgrass, and frozen fruit. Well, I guess it can't do 1/2 the stuff a Solor star can. :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables