Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Need help finding a good blender that doesn't cost $500!
Posted by: Howlingmoon ()
Date: May 16, 2007 09:34PM

Well, I was given a free blender but, it just does NOT like doing frozen fruit (like bananas). = ( I want to buy a new blender but, I can't afford a vita mix (like I want). What does everyone recommend ?

Howlingmoon "Moonie" Wolvespirit

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need help finding a good blender that doesn't cost $500!
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 17, 2007 12:58AM

Use your free blender and save your money until you can afford the BEST. Never settle for Second Best. It affects your whole Life.....WY

Posted by: zenpawn ()
Date: May 17, 2007 02:04AM

I like my new Jack LaLanne Healthmaster 100 (http://www.healthmaster100.com/). Same max horsepower as the Vitamix (2 HP), but half the price. Passes my "kale litmus test"; that is it makes a silky green smoothie, whereas my $100 KitchenAid did not.

-Erin
Raw Done Light
dogma-free RAW
Gazpacho For The Soul

Date: May 17, 2007 02:16AM

Unfortunately, after a huge fight with my husband, he refuses to even let me save money to buy a new blender. = (

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 17, 2007 03:03AM

why do spouses feel their need to weild this *power* control crap on each other ?

howlingmoon try craigslist the freebie section or freecycle in your area .. maybe you will luck out an get something free smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: May 17, 2007 03:13AM

Craigslist ?

I think in the end, I will just have to suffer with tis blender 'til I can lose enough weight, go back to work, save money and leave. (If I can't get a better one from a place like freecycle, which I am a member of.)

His negativity isn't helping me any, either.

Date: May 17, 2007 02:04PM

*hugs* im sorry moonie , i really feel for you .. i did 13 years hard time myself before i ended up with a fella that supports what i do and loves me without conditions

i hope you can workthings out with him and if hes not capable then workthings out for yourself smiling smiley

Posted by: Livin2 ()
Date: May 17, 2007 08:35PM

Moonie, Don't worry about losing weight, that will come in time. Love who you are now! Use what you have no matter what it is, I don't own a blender at this time, I don't even have a food dehydrator. I'm still eating Raw and have never been healthier or happier!

Don't let o'l hubby get you down, missery loves company. Stay focused, keep your head up and make him see the, "different you"! Stay raw, your whole being will change. Soon your husband will see you living a healthy & happy life, (and all without his permission) He will look for change too! Cause it's happening to mine! :-)

Posted by: rawbryan ()
Date: June 16, 2007 06:52PM

I LOVE my BLENDTEC BLENDER! It is the only one I recommend and will use, Starbucks and Jambo Juice only uses Blendtec for example. When you watch my new sneak preview of my new National RAW ORGANIC FOOD TV SHOW SERIES you can see the Blendtec in ACTION doing things that no other blender can do. It blends perfectly everythime and has 3 horsepower and is the best design on all levels. I can get you a great deal for only $350 delivered to your door, this includes tax, shipping, handling and everything! Please e-mail me directly if you are interested! RawBryan@hotmail.com

Just wanted to share my new recipe for RAW Organic White Chocolate Cake/Pie! This is a sneak preview of my new NATIONAL RAW ORGANIC FOOD TV SHOW SERIES! It is called RAW ORGANIC SAVING THE PLANET with Bryan Au it is based on my best selling raw organic recipe book RAW IN TEN MINUTES, my new instructional DVDs, new Eco Bamboo Organic Clothing line and more!

[www.RawInTen.com] is my website

[youtube.com] Is the Pilot Episode the actual series will be even better with exotic ECO RAW Travel, spas, chefs, restaurants and celebrities all around the world!smiling smiley

Bryan Au

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: June 22, 2007 07:33PM

I want the BlendTech Total Belnder which I've seen priced between $300-$400. I think the RawGuru's site sold me on wanting one lol.

[www.rawguru.com]

It's probably cheaper on other sites. I don't know if he does price matches if you find it cheaper.

Date: June 22, 2007 07:36PM

Livin2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Moonie, Don't worry about losing weight, that will
> come in time. Love who you are now! Use what you
> have no matter what it is,

I don't agree. I know I'm not the only one who went raw and didn't have a change in weight. And a lot of noobs make the mistake of overdoing it on fats and sometimes gain weight. Just because you're eating raw and "healthy" doesn't mean you can eat a ton of avacados, salads covered in fattening dressing and nuts and seeds.

Date: June 22, 2007 08:22PM

Too late to edit. I forgot to add..

I'm still using an old Hamilton Beach blender that cost under $50 at a department store. I think even Target sells them. It's also made to "Crush Ice" so that's why it easily handles frozen banannas and frozen berries, which aren't even nearly as solid as ice. So yeah just look for blenders with "Ice crushers", Hamilton Beach and I think Oyster are 2 good easy to find brands. The other "cheap" blender a lot of people like are the Tribest Personal Blender which is the same company that makes the $300+ GreenStar juicers and everything else.

$57.95 on this site -
[www.2-life.com]

Video here:
[www.personalblender.com]

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: June 23, 2007 10:10PM

H. Moon:

Sometimes thrift shops have good appliances from people who intially started out on a health kick with a fury and went all out buying every gadget under earth, then lost interest and motivation just as quickly.

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 24, 2007 10:27PM

here's another alternative til u find the right blender

chew chew chew chew chew chew chew chew and
CHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

your foods a thousand times til it is "blended"

by then though, you'll probably lose interest in the food you are eating ( LOL...just kidding)

well, its a good idea to do that anyways, and eases the burden on your digestive tract

its the cheap way but it works

maybe u wanna make all those fancy recipes.. frozen bananas and whatnot

well, uhh..

stick with what u have now

keep it simple

it will work for you

Date: June 25, 2007 01:42AM

I ended up buying a $30 Hamilton Beach which has worked better than the 20+ year old Hamilton Beach. It has it's flaws but, it was still better. I haven't used it in a couple weeks, as I just started a new job, and just don' have time to do ANYTHING 'cept work and sleep. (10 hour shifts for eight days in a row before getting six days off kind of schedule...)

As for chewing all my food, I can't. I have really bad teeth, and can't chew most things. I've been mostly sticking to foods I can just squish between my tongue and roof of my mouth, like grapes or cantelope. I've even decided to give up making smoothies for a while, since I don' have time to do it anymore with my work schedule.

Date: June 25, 2007 09:48AM

in that case,i'm glad u got a hamilton beach blender
i like to follow the motto of working NOW with what one has NOW

looks like yer doin that 2 smiling smiley

u move fast

u said you wanted

1) a new blender
2) job

you got BOTH in eyeblink time

good on you

i wish you further happiness

Date: June 26, 2007 01:55AM

Unfortunately, I quit my job tonight. = ( My feet were so swollen, sore, and covered in blisters that I couldn't even get my shoes on. Back to the drawing board on the job front.

Date: June 26, 2007 01:33PM

well, that's good news too
cuz that just means you are taking care of yourself
you come first
and if u need time to recoup
while you recover your health

that's an honorable thing
wishing u health healing and GARGANTUAN amounts of OUTRAGEOUSSS

happiness ( heee heee... i tell it like i feel ittongue sticking out smiley

Date: June 27, 2007 12:26AM

i second that moonie smiling smiley your health comes first .. have no worries ..now you have a juicer and you got it under your own steam even if it hurt to get it .. you got it!

a better job will come along smiling smiley

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: June 29, 2007 02:53AM

Howling, that would be awful to have aching swollen feet all the time and long work days. I hope you get something suitable very soon.

When you drink smoothies, swish them around to start the digestion going with saliva - this helps me digest them much better than if I gulp them back and your body can use the nutrition better.

Like LaV says, I usually just chew all my food partly for digestion, partly cuz I like to eat!

Date: June 29, 2007 07:03PM

I like to eat but, my teeth don' like to chew. And when I've tried the swishing stuff around, it tastes nasty. = \

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: June 29, 2007 10:03PM

I've gotten to like vegs more and more since I was a child, so don't mind the flavour of most things, but I still prefer sweet fruit in with the greens!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 24, 2007 12:06PM

I bought an Oster blender at Wal-Mart for under $40. It can chop ice up and it blends well and it cuts up frozen fruits with ease. I can make great smoothies with it and I have been using it for over a year now. It's a really good affordable blender. You can buy a new blade for it if it gets dull but so far I haven't had to buy one but I may soon.

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: July 24, 2007 01:18PM

that jack lalane blender looks great! wonder if you can get it in the UK?

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: July 24, 2007 01:36PM

yes it's here in the uk. i'm so excited. if i get a refund on my stupid l'equip i'm defo buying it!

Posted by: ErikSkulasonUSA ()
Date: August 06, 2007 01:01AM

I just ordered one from Blendtec TM - The same power with the Vita-Prep 3 I already own (from [www.vitamix.com]), but more sophisticated, cheaper - and if u r in US you can get 3 years warranty for some models. This is the web site: [commercial.blendtec.com] - I chose the commercial quality - since I knew that the end user (my father) is going to use it several times in every day. If u want to blend frozen fruits, there is no question that you need a blender with as much power as u can afford.

Ordering the blender for Europe, I only got 1 year warranty. The international section of Blendtec TM customized the blender with the right plug and motor for the destination country I asked. No problems.

I asked also for (a free) rebuild kit.
The blender has advanced electronics and is pre-programmed, programable and POWERFUL.

In my opinion - I had no needs for so precise timings and programming and electronics to count the rotations or cycles, but was cheaper than the VitaMix I had, with the same power and capacity - and (for US) a longer warranty.

If you are not in a hurry to buy a good blender, I will let you know how the blender (I ordered from Blendtec TM) is performing. Right now is in transit toward Romania.

I intend to rejuvenate my old father with this blender since I had such tremendous results myself.

Good luck to get a good blender and good ideas/research about how to use it to improve your health.
(I improved mine much more than I ever expected).

And if you want to have some fun, watch what the Blendtec blenders are capable of at

[www.willitblend.com]

Pls. excuse my English - foreigner.

=============================================================
Medicine, Food Industry and Commerce are businesses.
Is their goal to make/keep me healthy or to make more profit?
=============================================================

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables