Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: A Challenge for Juicin' John
Posted by: anaken ()
Date: June 04, 2007 02:56AM

I think it charges..it said I ride my bike 15? minutes and my computer runs all day.

just what I read.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 04, 2007 11:43AM

i don't know what to say anymore except

howdy!

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: June 04, 2007 03:19PM

if you drive a car you may as well drive something that is moving in the right direction as far as pollution is concerned. prius has about 90% less emissions that non-hybrid types of vehicles.

i rode a bike for 20 years and finally bought a pick up truck. once i got the truck i was able to do alot of more things and the net result was an improvement all around in my own life. i bought a hybrid when they first came out and it is not perfect but a heck of alot better than the vehicles which are "polluting and guzzling". when i lived in new york there was no reason to own a car but once i moved out of the city, having a car was necessary to live a better life.

i am just as idealistic as anyone ...but beieve me the infrastructure changes don not take place overnight and things are slow to change. keep pushing for change or else it will never happen.

btw: wy

how much juice do you get (oz. approx.)from 2 two lb. bags of carrots (4lb.) on your omega 4000?

juicin' john

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: June 04, 2007 05:43PM

JJ....I wasn't even thinking about gas consumption when I commented about the Toyota Prius. I was going strictly by looks. I wish they could add a little 'style' to those Hybrids. My '03 Acura RSX gets 30 mpg average.
As far as Carrot Juicing is concerned, I get about 10 ounces of juice from each pound of carrots. My 'test' was only done once, and I didn't weigh the carrots, so my results are very unscientific.....WY

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: June 04, 2007 09:47PM

yeah JJ, I was just joshing,

I actually DO NOT agree with argula's post and realize for some, cars are certainly a necessity

I agree with what you just wrote

I think people should just concentrate on being the best example that they can, and to to this at the expense of ones one happiness and freedom is not necessary.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: June 04, 2007 11:08PM

JJ.....I have a friend who lives in Brooklyn who has never driven a car (except once to get a Driver's License). She either walks, bikes, or uses the buses, or subways everywhere she goes. I could be quite comfortable living there without a car, but like you said, owning a car outside the city makes for a better life.
Those Hybrids sure are expensive, but I understand you get a 'tax break' for owning one.....WY

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: June 05, 2007 02:36PM

yes a 2000 dollar tax break.

jj

Date: June 10, 2007 01:41PM

WY

.<<...I wasn't even thinking about gas consumption when I commented about the Toyota Prius. I was going strictly by looks>>

darn.. if this still isn't one of my fave threads ( plus three other ones)

i dunno about cars but my my MY!!!

some of those juice machines are GOOOOD loooooking!!!!

heh heh! :O

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 10, 2007 04:19PM

we should get a tax break for juicin smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: June 11, 2007 04:11AM

Jgunn

<<we should get a tax break for juicin smiling smiley>>

jody

u iz smart!
i'm gonna lobby for THAT one...

yeah!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables