Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Wheatgrass juicers
Posted by: the enchantress ()
Date: May 19, 2007 04:47PM

What kind of wheatgrass juicer would you recommend (type and/or brand)? I want something cheap but good; I was thinking a hand-crank one would be good and simple, but how well do they work?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wheatgrass juicers
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 20, 2007 12:29PM

Back-to-Basics makes a nice Stainless Steel Wheatgrass Juicer for under $100. I used one for years and enjoyed it. However, a serious Juicer should use an electric model. If I had to have only one juicer, it would be the Omega 8003. It's a single-gear and does everything very well. Hard vegetables (like Carrots) are a bit difficult to push through, but overall, it's a Winner......WY

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: May 20, 2007 03:30PM

z star is an ez to use handcrank in the 75- 100 dollar price range. top of the line is a greenstar...you won't be disappointed ..it chews up and spits out the juice of a handfull of wheatgrass in mere seconds. othere machines will struggle to do what greenstar does in a few seconds...not only that you can juice almost anything in it.

a little slowing with carrots than the centrifugals but a much higher quality juice because of the reduced oxidation. i get about 31 ounces of carrot juice from 4 lb. of carrots and about 5 minutes.

if yuou are serious about juicing go for the greenstar.

juicin' john

Date: May 20, 2007 08:04PM

JJ....How do you prepare your Carrots for juicing? I scrub mine, then cut the ends.....WY

Date: May 21, 2007 03:25PM

please don't copy me...i don't scub unless i feel they are needing scrubbed and i only cut off "slimy" tops and discolored tips. if the carrot has new growth out of the tops i let it juice too.

but like i said don't copy me,

juicin' john

Date: May 22, 2007 03:11PM

JJ.....I spend a lot of time scrubbing my carrots for juicing. Your way is certainly easier. I've tried just rinsing them but get an 'earthy' taste in the juice. I've also tried scrubbing them with just my hands, rather than using a brush, but that takes a long time too......WY

Date: May 24, 2007 07:44PM

yogi

everybody has their own style...do your thing!

jj

Date: May 29, 2007 11:34PM

Thanks JJ....I'll do my thing and appreciate others doing their's.
My thing right now is Watermelon. I like the Rind Juice too. Use Organic Watermelons and wash well. I use Dr. Bronner's liquid Soap. A friend of mine in Brooklyn recommended the soap and also juicing the rind. I never would have thought of it otherwise. I have a single-gear Omega 8003 that I like to use for making the Rind Juice. I'm having some right now as I write this.
Keep on Truckin'......WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables