Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Stainless steel contact parts
Posted by: bpbhoo ()
Date: May 23, 2007 08:10PM

Hi--I am currently using an Omega 8003 single auger juicer for carrots, cucumbers, zucchini and greens like parsley, kale etc. However, the parts that come in contact with the veggies are plastic. Is there a non-centrifugal juicer out there that has stainless steel contact parts? I know the Champion does but it heats up the juice a bit I heard.

Thank you! Sha

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stainless steel contact parts
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: May 23, 2007 09:42PM

greenstar is the best one you will find in that category. without a doubt it is the finest machine available. there are many who have given it the highest of accolades. feel confident to buy yoursrlf one ...it is the best!

juicin' john

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 24, 2007 03:29AM

Yes, it's unfortunate about the plastic auger in the Omega 8003. Omega has upgraded their single-auger Juicer over the years and have one now with the 8003 that produces Maximum Juice from any Produce. It is very well engineered. I have an 8003 and use mine for Celery Juice and Watermelon Rind Juice......WY

Posted by: bpbhoo ()
Date: May 24, 2007 05:00PM

I've heard of the Greenstar, the only thing I was leery of is the magnetic ceramic thing--I wondering if that could do more harm than good? Sha

Date: May 24, 2007 07:33PM

if anything it contributes to the ability to store the juices for a short time without major degradation occurring. both magnetism and far i nfra red waveths are a common occurrence in our daily lives. we basically live in sea of magnetism from the earth and the electomagnetic spectrum emits the far-infra red wavelength along with visible ligh and other wavelenghts continuously. i have a far infra red sauna and have found it to be very soothing and healing.

from what i understand the greenstar gears have manets and bio cermic far inra-red emiiting stone inside of them. i rarely store my juices but on the occasions i did ..they sored with out any deterioration of taste color or smell.

i wouldnot worry about the magnets and bio ceramics as a possible harmful thing.

the rest of the choices you have for adecent juicer including the omega...pale in comparison the stellar features of the greenstar.

good juicing!

juicin' john

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: June 03, 2007 04:31PM

>i have a far infra red sauna and have found it to be very soothing and healing.

Infrared light contributes to photoaging. Saunas are great if you want the skin on your face and the rest of your body to eventually resemble the skin on your testicles.

refs:

Kim HH, Lee MJ, Lee SR, Kim KH, Cho KH, Eun HC, Chung JH.
Augmentation of UV-induced skin wrinkling by infrared irradiation in hairless mice.
Mech Ageing Dev. 2005 Nov;126(11):1170-7.
PMID: 16118013 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Krutmann J.
Premature skin aging by ultraviolet radiation and other environmental hazards. The molecular basis
Hautarzt. 2003 Sep;54(9):809-17.
PMID: 12955256 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Date: June 04, 2007 03:04PM

you may have misinterpreted the words...infra red and far infra red are different. farinfrared is not a "photo" effect(using your lingo)although it is also found in the electromagnetic spectrum....which incidentally is the reason that life is existing as we know it. and perhaps alo as we do not know it. infra red is a phot effect and it would literally cook you if you stayed under it for any lenghth of time.

as documented in an issue of the "townsend letter for doctors and patients" there is an actuall cacer therapy which uses fara infra red energy derived from certain mineral sources such as tourmaline. the patient is covered in what seems to be a bathtub full of bio ceramic stones.

bio ceramic far infra red emissions are friendly to life.

juicin' john

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables