Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Help!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 07, 2007 01:44AM

I need some help. I went to my Dr. to get some help with a bad case of poison oak, and when they did a routine check of my blood pressure it was 146/80. He wants me back in two weeks to double check it and possible start preventative maintenance to bring it back into control. Well, it has been 2 days latter, and I can still feel that my blood pressure is up. I tried to check it tonight at WalMart, but both it and my pulse were way up. I guess I was really nervous at checking it again and how many people where around.

I have a book on eating a vegetarian/raw diet for weight loss (which I of course need), and in a section on blood pressure, it mentions doing a juice fast to help bring down your blood pressure. However, it does not mention any specific juices.

I am ready to start a juice fast tomorrow night or Friday night at the latest, and am wondering what are some of the better juices I can do to help correct my blood pressure? This week I started the new way of eating where I am eating oatmeal for breakfast and salad/veggies for lunch then eating with my family. But I think I need to do more and really don't want to be taking blood pressure medication.

Please let me know what I can juice to help my health. I have an omega (centrifuge) juicer that I have owned for several years and is in very good condition to do my juicing with.

Thanks,

Chris

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help!
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: June 07, 2007 06:03AM

try goji juice,i have heard that it helps really well.

go to www.perfecthealthcompany.com they have a very good goji which is close to organic.

jj

Re: Help!
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 07, 2007 09:17AM

hey there...do you normally do a high raw diet?? i think just adding more raw into your daily intake and maybe doing juices in the morning or throughout the day as well..but make sure you eat plenty and take in recommended daily kcals...undereating with raise your bp as well..so it will appear higher then usual..and if you don't feel like you need to take the pills don't..especially if it goes down a few next time..i am a nurse and that bp is high but nothing outrageous especially if you are taking action on your own to lower it..normal is 120/80 so your bottom number is perfectly normal..your heart is just pumping a little harder to get the blood back in there...so you taking some action to get it down you will be just fine..don't let them scare you into the pills...
and sometimes people run in the 130's as well... it just depends..let us know how the next visit goes and what it is....
also have you had blood sugar checked ever?? that will raise your bp up a little as well
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxodo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables