Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Starting Juice Fast as of tonight
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 08, 2007 12:34AM

Hey everyone,

Thanks to those who posted on my request for help. I have decided to go ahead and get very serious about getting my health under control.

As of tonight, I am officially starting a 100% raw food diet. I am starting by trying to do at least a 3 day juice fast. I purchased a bunch of carrots to be my main stay, but also purchased some apples, grapes, beets, and red cabbage (all of these are organic). I also purchased 2 conventional pineapples.

I have read that all of these are very good fruits and veggies to juice and help with weight loss and/or blood pressure.

Anyway, I already started tonight by trying some carrots and cabbage. I think I made the cabbage to strong and it was hard to get down. But I managed to get most of it down. I used about 1/8-1/4 of a red cabbage which gave me about 4 oz of juice. I then juiced several carrots on top of that giving me somewhere around 12 oz total juice. I did not take a super close look at the ounces, I'll do better with my next juicing.

One question with the cabbage is what is a good ratio of cabbage to carrots? It seemed to me to be very strong, but maybe it just because I am just starting out.

I have also stated the obligatory blog to document my progress at [revoohc.blogspot.com]

Well, more later.

Thanks,

Chris

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Starting Juice Fast as of tonight
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: June 08, 2007 01:20AM

Good Luck with you 3-day Liquid Diet. You could add more juice and make it a Juice Feast instead of a Juice Fast. I'd eliminate the Cabbage, and replace it with Celery. Include some 'rich' Green Juice if you can. I like Wheatgrass, and Watermelon Rind juices.......WY

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 08, 2007 05:04AM

that's why wheatgrass is wheatgrass yogi

hey revoohc

those veg's and fruits sound deelish

heart's delight

you're livin a fantastic life!

cheers, clink clink

i'm making mine greenz juices in about 10 minutes after i listen to this spectacular trance music for 60 more seconds

oh yeah

here's what i'm putting in mine

dandelions, spinach, parsley, celery

glug glug glug

ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!

WY

are u still doing a juice feast?

thought i had a very vague recollection of reading something about that
in a former juice thread

though can't remember the particulars

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: June 08, 2007 10:57PM

"To Travel well is better than to arrive".....Buddha

No, la_v, I haven't been able to maintain the Juice Feast for any length of time. Tomorrow is another day. Happy Juicing.....WY

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 10, 2007 01:37PM

happy traveling..

la veronique ( buddha wannabe)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables