Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

new juice bar
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 26, 2007 10:43PM

I have a coffee house in Cocoa Beach and I want to add a juice bar. I need advice on from someone who is in the business to help pick out a juicer and other stuff I would need. Any info would help.

Thanks,
Bob
WahooCoffee.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new juice bar
Date: June 27, 2007 05:50PM

There's a guy on the beach north of miami something like Jason who has an outdoors juice bar. He would be a good contact.

I sell comercial juicers as home ones too.

elnatural

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: June 28, 2007 12:15AM

How much are commercial juicers, elnat, - I've been told they're about 10times the cost of a home-use one, but.......... a girl can dream.....

Date: June 28, 2007 12:47AM

here's something to dream about then
between 1,800 and 2,300

elnatural

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: June 28, 2007 01:52AM

I'd say stay away from the Commercial Juicers. I have used two....the Nutrifaster N450 and the Ruby 2000. They're big and awkward to clean......WY

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: June 28, 2007 04:22PM

start with something household size and a see how much of a demand you get.

for versatilty purpose i would recommend greenstar which does wheatgrass, leafy greens, carrots, apples and hers which can impart interesting flavors to your crative combinations. you will be limited with the centrifugal to carrotsw apples and beets mostly and the single gear machines are weak and struggle with carrots. the k&k and norwalk are labor intensive not to mention expensive.

you may need more than one machine.

juicin' john

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: June 28, 2007 09:59PM

i've seen the type of shops you describe just with simple breville centrifugal ones. for most of the clientel that would be in a coffee shop they probably work fine

the best model i've seen is using a Norwalk press and juicing into glass (or metal?) containers then can be reedeemed on deposit. These last 1-2 days and all the jucing can be done off site.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables