Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Good juices for alchohol detox
Posted by: Lauralai ()
Date: July 01, 2007 12:41AM

My hubby is quitting his beer drinking (hallelujah!) and I was wondering if anyone has good ideas for what kind of fresh juices would be best to help him along. I don't want to increase his detox symptoms, just help support his organs and give him something to go on. Thanks everyone,

Lauralai

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Good juices for alchohol detox
Posted by: anaken ()
Date: July 01, 2007 01:23AM

juices shouldn't accelerate detox in a negative way I don't think

there are some folks that prescribe certain juices to certain conditions, I think most of it is phooey, but you can check out Norman Walker's books, or Johnny Lovewisdom has a pdf doc on the internet

can't go wrong with simple green juices

celery/cucumber
celery/spinach/parsley

cucumber/apple/khale

carrots will be filling

same with OJ

carrots beets and apples are supposed to be the 'cleansers'.

don't know what kind of diet he's doing, but juice is best on empty stomach (for most diets this only is somewhat possible in the morning) so it isn't much of a beer 'replacement' heh

GL

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 01, 2007 02:23AM

avocados and artichokes are supposed to be a very good for supporting the liver .. i wouldnt over indulge though in either .. as fat (even veggie fat) makes the liver work hard and what he wants to do right now is rest it as muchas possible smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: July 02, 2007 04:37PM

milk thistle is an herb which is fairly common used for liver detox..perhaps a small amount added to a juice combination such as celery parsely and spinach would be ok. also might try burdock which is also common and easy to identify. the problem is that these wild herbs are somtimes bitter and stron tasting ...so that only small amounts should be used. dont over do it or the stigma of taste will no be easy to overcome.

dnadelion leaves and roots are another good liver detox. have him do shot glasses of these nthat eay he wont mind the taste as much.

synchronicity at work with anaken's ....celery parsely and spinach recommendation.....eatlier in the day yesterday(before reading the post!) that was my juicing combo.... and it was really good. i also tried a carrot spinach and parsely combo and it was also very good.

as long as he juices and stays away form the beer and the foods he enjoys when drinking his beer ...he will detox at his own speed.

jj

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 08, 2007 02:34AM

i agree with anaken juicin john and jgunn

smart people aboard here

ahoy!!

i says g'luck to the hubby
hope he has a blast having a more fun happy joyful life with you smiling smiley

Posted by: venusian ()
Date: July 08, 2007 02:37AM

celery juice is good for helping with sugar cravings that can arise when you give up any alcohol habit

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables