Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I'm tired of chopping carrots every day
Posted by: bpbhoo ()
Date: July 16, 2007 11:46PM

Hi there, I have the Omega 8003 juicer and I chop carrots everyday to juice and am tired of doing it. Is there some kind of gadget out there that would make the chopping easier? I have seen the Chop Wizard on TV but the grid blades cannot be sharpened... Thanks! Sha

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm tired of chopping carrots every day
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 18, 2007 10:10AM

i get tired just THINKING about having to chop carrots
i quit that habit a while ago

now i just shove the greens into greenstar

no chopping
just washing
its so relaxing

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 18, 2007 11:13AM

I have both an Omega 8003 (single-gear) and an Omega 4000 (centrifugal). When I have Carrot Juice I always use the 4000 because it's so easy (feed the whole carrot), even though it's high-speed and puts more oxygen into the juice. Carrot Juice is so good.....it should be a 'pleasure' to prepare, not something you look at with Dread......WY
P.S. I wonder what JJ does when he has Carrot Juice?
P.P.S. La-Ver....You never have Carrot Juice anymore?

Posted by: Bikini ()
Date: July 18, 2007 09:05PM

Time saving tip...

If you have the $$ and don't mind spending, or you are willing to pay the extra expense for the trade off in time and energy, I would suggest buying bags of organic baby carrots and use them for juicing.

Whem I feel too tired to cope with chopping and washing, I buy a few bags of sweet ready to eat baby carrots from my local health food store and juice away. Baby carrots cost slightly more per bag than a regular bag of unwashed unpeeled carrots, but hey, sometimes it's worth it. smiling smiley

peace
love
i breathe in
i breathe out
Bikini

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 18, 2007 10:41PM

haha wtf? I've never had to chop carrots with my greenstar. Some are too big/thick and I've had to slice it down in half and even that's rare.

Date: July 19, 2007 07:32AM

WY

no more of the orange sticks for me
that was a long term affair that i felt compelled to cut off
and i did

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 20, 2007 12:52AM

so dont chop them everyday smiling smiley munch some the way they are smiling smiley

IF that doesnt work for you .. maybe look into an industrial potato chipper .. they fit on a counter or wall and you can ram root veggies through them like nobodys business .. big ol metal thing SCHWAMPO! chunks of carrots in seconds smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: July 20, 2007 08:32AM

jgunn

<<IF that doesnt work for you .. maybe look into an industrial potato chipper .. they fit on a counter or wall and you can ram root veggies through them like nobodys business .. big ol metal thing SCHWAMPO! chunks of carrots in seconds smiling smiley<<

that was the most onomatopoeiac thing i ever did hear

SCHWAMPO!!!!!

hilarioussmiling smiley funny
thanx

jody jukebox!

Posted by: bpbhoo ()
Date: July 23, 2007 05:44AM

Thanks for all the tips. I have to keep juicing carrots cuz my mom's naturopath says it should be the basis of her daily veggie juice to fight her cancer. I used to have an Acme centrifugal but discontinued it cuz of the oxidation, plus the machine was so loud and used to "walk" when off balanced..I've looked into the greenstar but wonder if that magnetic technology might affect the juice in a negative way...it just doesn't seem natural to me...ah well...thanks again! Sha

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 23, 2007 11:32AM

I have been juicing for years and I use either a Champion or my Omega. I use the Omega more because it is easier to clean. I forget the model number but I just feed the whole carrot through. I used to cut the ends off and peel which was a royal pain but then I read that with conventional carrots you just need to cut off about an inch of the stem end which is where the pesticides gather. Also, most of the pesticides remains in the pulp if there is any. I just rinse my carrots, cut off the ends and go.

Unfortunately, I live an hour and a half away from anywhere where I can get organic carrots and since I go through about 25 lbs a week I just buy the conventional. Maybe you can invest in another more convenient juicer so that you don't give it up. It is so healthy to juice.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 23, 2007 03:34PM

what im talking about looks like this smiling smiley [www.shop.com]

hmm maybe i will make my own design and call it the SCHWAMPO!!!!

id paint it green of course smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 23, 2007 11:11PM

That Potato Chipper is a weird looking device. Wouldn't cutting the carrots with a knife be easier?......WY

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: July 24, 2007 12:48AM

simply stated.......

another good reason not to get an omega 8003.

juicin' john

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: July 26, 2007 05:12PM

i have an omega 800?-
i cut off the tips, but never chop the carrots
i cut them in half ONCE IN A LAVENDER MOON
but then again
i quit juicing carrots a little while back.

but now that i think of it,
i cut them all the time
into pretty julliened pieces
for dinner
so slender and pointy

so good knives make a huge difference
SCHWAMPO!!!

i'd love one of those
i used to play with the one at a restaurant my husband worked at
and for sweet potatoes,
that would be awesome
cause those suckers hate the knife

peace-

Posted by: ErikSkulasonUSA ()
Date: August 05, 2007 09:03PM

I never chop my veggies and fruits.

If the blender/juicer is powerful enough u don't have 2 do this.

For my style of eating raw (about 90% puree of fruits and veggies), it does not take longer than 10 minutes to prepare the meal (even for 1 day) - including the cleaning.
(It takes a little longer with the blanching process I use for some of the green stuff).

Only if they don't fit in my 64 oz. container, I eventually cut them in 4 if they are really big - like beets, pineapple, (I don't cut the avocado kernel).

The title of your message made me think to this:

one should ask him/herself if there is a certain kind of food he/she is eating in EVERY DAY. If the answer is YES, this sometimes, it make me think about addictions.

I believe to "rotate" the fruits and veggies is a good idea.
VARIETY. There are situations when due to diseases some persons have to eat the same kind of veggie in every day into a much higher ratio, but this is an exception.

I believe I was addicted to (some additives?) from soda and coffee AND sugar, but I was able to stop the addiction after I started to think to the above mentioned question.

Pls. excuse my English - foreigner.

=============================================================
Medicine, Food Industry and Commerce are businesses.
Is their goal to make/keep me healthy or to make more profit?
=============================================================

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables