Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

my l'equip blender broke
Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: July 21, 2007 03:44PM

well i was warned ... first the washer went and it started leaking, then the blade snapped off, and i noticed there were big chips in the blades...i want my money back not a replacement. the blades broke when i was blending dandelion leaves!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: my l'equip blender broke
Date: July 22, 2007 01:26PM

i could have even swallowed some of the blade chippings come to think of it!

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 22, 2007 02:23PM

It sounds like the blender wasn't screwed together tightly when you started the high-speed blending process.....WY

Date: July 23, 2007 02:35PM

maybe the washer coming off made the blade loose. anyway i have posted it back today asking for a refund because there were also chips in the blade which could be swallowed!

Date: August 01, 2007 04:24PM

it's been 1 1/2 weeks since i sent the jug to them and i havent heard from them

Posted by: ErikSkulasonUSA ()
Date: August 05, 2007 08:01PM

There is a good practice and advice to check the blades before 2 use the blender (with the jar removed from base!!!)Holding w. 1 hand the inferior (rotating) part. and with the other (gloved) hand holding the blades and spinning the assembly checking if became loose.

We all know: nothing last forever!

Pls. excuse my English - foreigner.

=============================================================
Medicine, Food Industry and Commerce are businesses.
Is their goal to make/keep me healthy or to make more profit?
=============================================================

Date: August 06, 2007 03:28PM

i did lokk at tightening it but couldn't.
anyway 2 weeks have passed since i sent my blender and still no news.
i had to get a new cheapy blender for the interim!

Date: August 21, 2007 04:39PM

So i rang the company that sold me the blender( Be vital) and they said they didn't receive the jug I sent them in the post! So now what, a pretty expensive blender down the drain! it was sent to me by courier when I bought it, so why didn't they pick it up for me since it was only 2-3 months old and well within 6 year warranty! I don't want to buy a new jug, I don't like this blender much, so don't want to spend any more money on it. I didn't send it registered post as I didn't want to pay for expensive postage that they should really pay for.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 21, 2007 04:55PM

hmm have you checked the mail outlet you sent it from to see if it came back yet?

sadly i think yer out of luck ...sad smiley

unfortunately with your next purchase i would definitely check the warranty issues, instore and manufacturers .. see if they pay for shipping back etc. expensive lesson i know, im so sorry things didnt work out for you up to this point

perhaps that blender and you were never meant to be !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2007 05:05PM by Jgunn.

Posted by: Galileo ()
Date: August 22, 2007 08:08PM

Hi Rosemary

You seem to have learned some hard lessons. You need registered mail or else its your word against theirs. The mail service employees also regularly loose or steal stuff.

I know someone who sent a few hundred dollars in the mail and you can guess what happened!!!!

The usual routine if a parcel looks tempting is to stach it or bring it home. If they like the contents they keep it if not they dump it. If they don't like the contents they don't re-wrap it and bring it back for delivery!!!!

You never know it could just be delayed or misplaced. I once got a parcel six weeks old.

Good Luck!!

Date: August 23, 2007 05:18PM

I rang the bevital company again, and they said the blender had been sent on th l'equip, so that's lucky, even though nobody got back to me about this!
I have insisted on a refund, not a replacement. they said they'll get back to me, well i've heard that before...!

Date: August 24, 2007 06:12PM

yeesh ! well i hope they dont let your bad neighbor sign for the replacement .. all in all if you get it back and its still not what you want

confirm with them they will give your money back AND send it back by registered post so you know they got it smiling smiley

Date: August 25, 2007 02:29PM

ha-ha...on the ball Jodi!
Yes, well I think (hope) they'll just credit my bank card.
I like your buddhist saying

Date: October 09, 2007 09:00PM

did they ever credit you for this? smiling smiley

Date: October 11, 2007 03:28PM

they just called me today, to tell me they would pick up the base, and they would credit me, after they receive it etc, so it looks like my perseverance paid off. i don't wan't to buy another lemon, but thinking about the jack lalane blender. it looks like a cheapo vitamix, but has a 3 year no quibble guarantee. i'll see if i can download the manual. thanks jodi for your interest and support!

Date: October 13, 2007 01:33AM

good for you dear rosemary !! smiling smiley yea i agree it does seem like a vitamix knockoff but perhaps it will serve your purposes in the meantime

at worse you could always start a website on who has bad customer service !

lol

just kidding i hope you know tongue sticking out smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables