Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Where can I get a Green Star? And which model?
Posted by: happyvegan ()
Date: July 22, 2007 06:40AM

I hate my champion. I want something that will juice anything. I suffer from fibromyalgia and multiple chemical sensitivities and regular raw isn't cutting it for me...I feel really led to start juice fasting.

I see that Juicin' John guy talking about Green Star a lot, and he's totally convinced me. Where can I find the best price? Vitality plus has the 1000 model for $345 including shipping...is that the best price? A good store to buy one? Should I get one of the more upscale models? I only want to juice...not interested in making pasta or anything.

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where can I get a Green Star? And which model?
Date: July 22, 2007 06:41AM

Also, can the juice really last a few days after juicing? I'm so used to the champion, where I have to chug it asap.

Date: July 22, 2007 06:48AM

Oh, God, so many questions...

Do I *need* the knobber for the soft fruits? Pulpy juice screen? Is the only difference in the 1000 and 2000 the pulpy juice screen?

Thanks again, and sorry to be so dense. It's really late here.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: July 22, 2007 03:30PM

Hi HV, I don't have the Greenstar. I purchased the Solo Star II instead. However, next time I will purchase the Greenstar. If you cannot afford all the bells & whistles, but the 1000 model and then buy the attachments later. That's the only difference among the 3 models. If you want to screen the juice, just use a sieve/funnel with your final juice to make it less pulpy.

Good luck. Therese

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 22, 2007 05:01PM

www.2-life.com and Vitalitly Plus always have the cheapest. Sometimes you can find it cheaper on Ebay but rare.

You don't need the 3000, that's for pasta and stuff. The 2000 is good because you get a drip tray to put underneath it (without it, it can make a freakin mess). If not, just stick a towel under it and then throw that in the wash. It comes with a strainer which is good because one bad thing about GS is all the foam. The strainer takes care of the foam. You can get a strainer anywhere though even Walmart. You can always buy these "accessories" later too from any website.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2007 05:12PM by LikeItOrNot.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 22, 2007 05:03PM

If you plan on doing fruit juice then get the knob. I rarely even use mine. I prefer to eat or blend my fruits into smoothies and get the fiber. If you're going to mix it with vegetables and do like carrot+apple then you don't need it for that.

It's better to drink the juice asap rather than leave it around for days. IF you're going to store it, then yeah everyone says to go with Greenstar. And you should get one of those pumps that suck the air out of the jars.

I've used the "fill to the top" method with mason type jars and the juice tastes dead to me hours later. So, I wouldn't recommend that if you want the highest quality juice and juice buz. I haven't tried a pump yet. Ebay is the cheapest price for those.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2007 05:12PM by LikeItOrNot.

Date: July 22, 2007 06:10PM

Thanks, LikeItOrNot. I don't think I'd ever do a straight fruit juice, I usually put fruit in to make the veggies more palatable.

I'm glad you mentioned about the pump. I don't know if I'd even *want* juice that's days old. I just see things advertised and I'm the naive type who believes everything, so I thought I'd ask.

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: July 23, 2007 12:03AM

yes..i agree the greenstar 1000 is all you need.

juiceing fruit is a waste..since it is so much fun and enjoyment to eat it instead.

small amounts of 'exotic" but not very jicable fruit can be used as a flaving compliment to differnt juice blends.

the greenstar... for some reason is very nice to mix different flavors with. use soft fruits etc,. in between other things you are juiceing like carrots.

crisp juicy apples are something you can juice easily in the green star and with green drinks, apples and pears are superb "sweetners".

you can save juices for a few days in a tightly sealy or vacuumed jar.

enjoyu that greenstar!

juicin' john

Posted by: Kristen's Raw ()
Date: August 02, 2007 08:19AM

www.discountjuicers.com should have good deals. Have you tried there?

Kristen Suzanne
--
www.KristensRaw.com
www.KristensRaw.blogspot.com

Posted by: ErikSkulasonUSA ()
Date: August 05, 2007 08:21PM

Hi.
Very controversial to say what blender/juicer will be good for you.
You should decide yourself after doing a research on Internet. After that, you will find out how the cheap and low power blenders/juicers are considered. I hope that u will go for a blender, but u will decide.

Personal, I use a commercial grade blender from [www.vitamix.com] (Model Vita-Prep 3 w. 1200 W motor and 64 oz. container) and I recently ordered a 2nd one from [commercial.blendtec.com].

Take your time to determine what you want to do with the equipment you want to purchase and pay maximum attention to the specs and warranty.

And if you want to have some fun, watch the videos from:

[www.willitblend.com]

Good luck!

Pls. excuse my English - foreigner.

=============================================================
Medicine, Food Industry and Commerce are businesses.
Is their goal to make/keep me healthy or to make more profit?
=============================================================

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables