Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Blender vs Juicer
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 26, 2007 12:38AM

Hi,as a newbie to this diet...

1...can you please explain to me what the difference between a blender and a juicer is?

2... Do most of you have one of each?

3... If budget isn't necessarily a problem then which brand of blender should I be looking at and which brand of juicer should I be considering?

Thanks heaps,

GB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2007 12:38AM by GregB.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blender vs Juicer
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 26, 2007 02:24AM

I don't know if you want to open up this 'Can of Worms'? It seems we all have a different opinion on Juicers and Blenders. Go by what looks good to you, and 'get goin'.......WY

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 26, 2007 03:01AM

Welcome.

You can find all the answers to those questions plus more at this site:
[buyjuicers.com]

Not the cheapest website for either a juicer or a blender, but definitely has all the info you need.

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: July 26, 2007 02:08PM

for a beginner don't spend alot on a blender until you burn up a cheap one from over use. i would think that a department store would have one for $25 to $50.
if it was me i would go to a thrift store and get one for $10 or less.

juicers are not in the same category.

the best multi purpose juicer is a greenstar. it does everything and it does it well. you can also use it in alot of raw food preparation. it will last many years if not a lifetime. the company has great after service and should you ever need parts ...it is nice to know that you can get them.

get the best juicer right from the gitgo and you wont be sorry.

juicin' john

Posted by: ErikSkulasonUSA ()
Date: August 05, 2007 09:42PM

My answer will be this:

You have to choose according to the way you want to use the blender or juicer. Think what you want to do 1st, then choose accordingly.

I eat raw and I puree the vegetables and fruits I eat, and FOR THIS KIND OF USE of a blender, I will NEVER buy a juicer.

At this time the blender replaced all the utensils in my kitchen. Even my cast iron (porcelain and glass coated) wok from [www.bodumusa.com]
(the best wok I ever owned).
===============================================
If you are sure that YOU ARE GOING TO USE IT...
===============================================
...then buy a commercial grade blender with higher-the-better RPM's (over 24.000 RPM and power over 12000W(over 12.5 Amps/120V) or more,
(but this depends what you want to do - how/what you eat).

As I wrote in this forum before, I am using a Vita-Prep 3 from [www.vitamix.com] and I ordered now one more from [commercial.blendtec.com], both of them over 1200W (over 12.5 A power)

My RESULTS eating raw:
======================
started on April 02 2k7 and lost 35 pounds without any exercises and eating how much I want, without starving myself and with no discomfort. I cannot believe myself how much I boosted my energy
at my age of 42 yo. I feel like having wings.

My results are better than I ever expected!!!
(And - by the way - I did a full blood tests and the results where excellent - every test was within in normal range. I was curious about my health status after losing 35 pounds in about 3.5 months).

Good luck and good health.

Pls. excuse my English - foreigner.

=============================================================
Medicine, Food Industry and Commerce are businesses.
Is their goal to make/keep me healthy or to make more profit?
=============================================================

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables