Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is anyone still Juicing?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 26, 2007 02:32AM

I don't know what has happened here at this Forum. It seems we've lost our enthusiasm for Juicing. Is anyone here still juicing on a regular basis? I've just started back with my Liquid Diet and am getting 'pumped' for the occasion. It includes Wheatgrass Juice, and Celery Juice, twice a day, and Carrot Juice, once a day. Let's hear about what you're doing now.......WY

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is anyone still Juicing?
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 26, 2007 02:55AM

I'm fasting again. I'd be juicing more if WholeFoods had the stuff I wanted but nooo. Who the hell runs out of spinach and celery? i was going to do the wheatgrass thing but after reading your posts and others, I guess it isn't worth it if I'm getting my wheatberries from WholeFoods bulk bins.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2007 02:57AM by LikeItOrNot.

Date: July 26, 2007 03:06AM

It is worth it to get your Wheat Berries from a bulk bin. Not the best, but it will grow wheatgrass. The 'key' is the fertilizer you use.....WY

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 26, 2007 03:23AM

Any cheap wheatgrass kit recommendations? I was looking at those earlier but rather not spend all that money. Fertilizer..umm I have rodent @#$%&. lol! Gross. What do you use for fertilizer again..carrot pulp and that liquimin stuff..?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2007 03:25AM by LikeItOrNot.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: July 26, 2007 03:28AM

haha! I have lost interest.

but planning to do another 4 days of juice in the next few weeks or so

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: July 26, 2007 01:59PM

hey there yogi.......sounds good.

like or not should copy your stainless steel bowl mthod...it is the best i have ever seen. don't worry about the small stuff like it...just put some dirt in a stainless steel bowl and soak your seeds. no doubt you wilol make a few mistakes on the road to mastery.

me i am getting ready to do a whole bunch of juicing.

btw: its summertime and people are outside doing things so the computer takes a back seat. i know that is the case with me.

still juicing though.

juicin' john

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: July 26, 2007 05:02PM

juicing greens, kale, chard, lettuce, spinach, collard greens, every day now.

eating the fruit though, it tastes great the way it is, and it travels well.

juicing pineapple cores whenever i have though, yum. and cucumbers.

peace-

Posted by: arora ()
Date: July 27, 2007 07:25PM

Oh yesssss...Im BESOTED with juicing, think its the best thing ever.

juicing celery, carrots, cucumber, ginger, lettuce, lime, spinach and apple!

Since I began juicing I feel tremendously better!smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 29, 2007 03:40AM

I will always be juicing.

elnatural

Date: July 29, 2007 11:03PM

el....'always'?. That's a strong word, and I agree with you. But don't be afraid to change if you find a better way.

ar....I had to look up BESOTED. That's a great word....and a good way to be. I'm thinking of the Wheatgrass High.

Mama....That's a lot of Greens you juice. Together, or separately?

jj....I've been missing you. What are you doing to stay busy? Yes, I love growing in stainless steel bowls. You ought to give it a try.

an....At least you're honest. Good Luck with the 4 days. Keep us informed if you have any insights.

LION....Setting up a wheatgrass operation is very inexpensive. I'm not sure where to get trays, because that's not the way I do it. Maybe someone else can share here?......WY

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: July 30, 2007 12:10AM

juicing is still part of my routine, although I once again do not have my juicer wipped out...I do buy fresh and/or pressed juices from time to time when i'm doing light fasting or if i'm out somewhere and starting to feel a bit off on air/water but not quite hungry yet. Sometimes I get like...a cucumber/celery juice before I workout just to get some extra hydration.

I've been doing these 4 day juice fasts followed by light (mono) fruit eating..then rounded out with a short water fast...very cleansing and easeful.

Daily Green "Lemonade"
Posted by: Starglider ()
Date: July 30, 2007 01:24AM

I have been juicing almost daily for the past month or so and am so grateful for it. I use a variation of Natalia Rose's Green Lemonade recipe. My goal is to juice 2x daily and do a juice "feast" one day a week. (My reality is once a day.) I was on green smoothies--made in the blender--but I feel like I absorb so much more in juice form. I feel very satisfied and healthy when I juice. I do get hungry and hour afterward but that was how I felt on the green smoothie which didn't give me the satisfied feeling. In my book, juicing is the best!

Mine is usually as follows.

Granny Smith apple
Chard or kale or spinach
Parsley
celery
bit of lemon
ginger
garlic (sometimes)

I sometimes do carrot and cabbage instead of the apple and darker greens.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 30, 2007 05:49AM

juicing never goes out of style
once a juicer, always a juicer

that's just the way it goes

its like falling in love

and if there is no reason to fall out of love

u just stay IN love

tis true

cuz i say so

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: July 30, 2007 07:43AM

"Who the hell runs out of spinach and celery?"

LMAO!

Date: July 30, 2007 03:29PM

juicing is an artform!

go to it.

jj

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: July 30, 2007 10:44PM

I am gearing up to start a juice fast, I am feeling the need to cleanse and all that. I have been reading norman walker. I cant believe he actually had to hand gring carrots to get their juice. I also did'nt know that the pesticides reside in the pulp rather than the juice.

Date: August 02, 2007 04:56PM

pam.....If you're wanting to Cleanse, then carrots may be a little too 'heavy'. I'd go with the thinner Green juices, like Wheatgrass, Celery, and Watermelon Rind. Also, drink lots of water. That's the plan for myself anyway. I've created a Sauna Room in my house for exercise (and sweating).......WY

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: August 03, 2007 03:20AM

/Thats funney, about the sauna room, I was just thinking about building one of those sweat houses outside. You know like the kind the native americans use. Right now I am layed up with a huge tooth ache. I wish I had some wheat grass juice right now it helps draw the poison out of rotton teeth. I think I am going to have to drive to the health food store and purchase a tray of grass for the weekend and get some more seeds planted.
wy do you mix your wheat grass juice?

Date: August 03, 2007 04:28AM

I don't mix my Wheatgrass Juice now. I take 3 ounces, twice a day (9am and 9pm). I used to mix it with Carrot Juice years ago. That was a good 'combo'.
Even though I don't mix it now, I usually have another juice soon after......WY
P.S. I'd recommend Pascalite Clay for your tooth. It has 'drawing' power.

Date: August 03, 2007 01:27PM

my advice for a cleanse.

just do it...don't worry about whether you are using carrots or what at the start.

just start doing it and you will find your way.

the idea is to use all liquids and give your body a rest from solid food digesting.

go for it.

juicin' john

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables