Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Blenders, phytonutrients, stems, and seeds
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 26, 2007 03:59PM

I've been following vegan and live foods info over a decade and experimenting with things that seem to make sense. I recently learned about the high speed blenders which are capable of 45,000rpm for the latest model. I like to savor and chew food and I know how beneficial it is. Even when there's time to eat leisurely, breaking down certain foods to their optimally digested state seems a tall order. Intinctively blending feels wiser than juicing to me. I discovered blindguru.com and found the site to be packed with information and interesting perspectives. It's great to come across people who are really extending out from their heart, generous, and facing directly faults and misconceptions in many arenas while offering wholeness solutions. I enjoy the challenge of looking at different perspectives and exploring what resonates true for me. I'm interested to know other peoples experience with high speed blending and other resources or challenging information. If you're new to the subject blindguru's a premier place to start. I've known for a long time that most of the nutrients are often in the stalk,skin, and seeds. If those nutrients are meant for us to consume then blending looks like the way to go about it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blenders, phytonutrients, stems, and seeds
Posted by: ErikSkulasonUSA ()
Date: August 05, 2007 10:00PM

Yes. Good point.

I did and I will do the same.
I followed the points expressed by Dr. Tom Wu, watching again and again the Dr. Tom Wu DVD's included with the first power blender I purchased and I am rejuvenating now, at my age of 42, in just 4 months of eating raw fruits and veggies - everything pureed with my 3+ HP Vita-Prep 3 blender.

There are a lot of theories about these high powered blenders and is hard to tell from the end user perspective which one is the best, considering that the vegans and the people like me eating raw the vegs, are not eating the same way. Some chop and mix everything, some (like me) eat only puree.

I don't tell my story here, pls. search the postings using my ID and u will find what I do and think.

I started my own thread and I will describe in details there everything. In time I will add more and more content with the ideas I followed and their results.

Take care.

Pls. excuse my English - foreigner.

=============================================================
Medicine, Food Industry and Commerce are businesses.
Is their goal to make/keep me healthy or to make more profit?
=============================================================

Re: Blenders, phytonutrients, stems, and seeds
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 06, 2007 12:09AM

High-Speed Blending is better than Juicing (and eating) for nutrients. Juicing loses nutrients in the pulp. And who can chew their food long enough to obtain even a fraction of the nutrition? But Juicing can play a vital role in Cleansing, Purifying, and Healing. It all depends on where you are Healthwise. I'm going to stick with Juicing for a while longer, but Yes, HS Blending does interest me for later......WY
P.S. I, too, have a Vita-Prep 3 by Vita-Mix.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables