Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is anyone drinking Wheatgrass Juice?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 29, 2007 01:19AM

Besides me, that is. I've been drinking about 3 ounces, twice a day for some time now. I find that I'm losing my 'taste' for Sweet Fruits. They make me not want to drink the Green Juice.......WY

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is anyone drinking Wheatgrass Juice?
Posted by: Daisy61 ()
Date: July 29, 2007 03:11AM

I've recently tried wheatgrass juice for the first time. WOW it's sweet and amazingly strong tasting. Do you dilute your juice? I actually threw up after drinking a 2oz shot last night. And I still can't face anything green today. I found the taste NOT palatable at all. Any advice?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 29, 2007 03:39AM

Hey wgy

I got my first batch of wheatgrass, barley, peas, sunflowers, and buckwheat, growing. This will be a permenant change.

Same thing is happening to me, can barely eat any kind of fruit any more.

elnatural

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: July 29, 2007 04:01AM

i'm a big supporter of people employing green juices

but what I can never wrap my head around is why people believe that such low vibrational foods like grains and legumes are superior to eating fruits

I listened to the Viktoras Kulvinskas interview on RVR last night...and while I think he's a great soul...he talks about waking up an eating like 3 types of grains and legumes sprouted with some avacado...it isn't even an alkaline meal and is like a combination disaster. and he lives in Costa Rica.

especially if you live in a good climate, theres no reason that fruit shouldn't be a staple food...unless people are really eschewing dealing with their internal wastes and deposits. like Cousens/Wolfe/Viktoras - pretty much everyone...DO.

Date: July 29, 2007 09:20PM

D....I guess your stomach pH was too 'acid' for the alkaline Wheatgrass Juice. I've been 'close'.

el....I should be like you and try to grow more of my food. Right now it's only wheatgrass, except for a few Fruit Trees.

an....It was Vik Kulvinskas who introduced me to Wheatgrass Juice, through his book "Survival into the 21st Century". As far as his eating Grain, we all walk a different path. That's where he is on his. Don't be too hard on him......WY

Date: July 30, 2007 12:04AM

sure, I totally agree, we all do walk a different path, and certainly different styles DO seem to work better for different folks...

still, one shouldn't NEED to eat first thing, nevermind some undigestable 'grounding' mess.

I guess that does sound harsh...

but still..by original question wasn't rhetorical..I really am curious WHY sprouted grains would be superior to eating fruits (in a state of non-illness)? or why wheatgrass would would be superior to romaine lettuce juice. lets say even if they both are high in alkaline minerals in different quantities, it should not matter if one is cleansing properly which minerals they have, and at the end of the day, wheatgrass is still wheat isn't it?

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: July 30, 2007 03:26PM

if i may offer my opinionated guess anaken.....
i would say that the wheatberrie itself, represents the final stage of the growing cycle and that is to produce seed.

based on that ... i would say that the wheatgrass is not a grain.

i have seen vikatoras up close and he doesn't really look too healthy to me. just my opinion though. he is quite cerebral and does not extend a smiling happy greeting face out to others. i am not impressed with him as a poerson but his books seem to be quite good.

alot of the so called gurus get wrapped up into a big ego trip about how this or that they are and sad to say they never get to see themselves as others who who are perceptive do perceive them.

reminds me of the joke about the person who is on an ego trip about not being on an ego trip.

fruit is good.

juicin' john

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: July 30, 2007 04:15PM

I enjoy wheat grass juice. I would say the wheat grass juice was my first stem into eating raw. I especially like giving juice to my friends who are unhealthy eaters and hear what they say. My brother who is extreamly unhealthy drank some and the next day sayed he felt a warm feeling rise from inside him that spread throughout his body and it made him feel happy. The next day I gave him some more juice and he attacked it like a true junkey I had to warn him to not take so much but he grabed the empty cotainer and started licking it clean.
My last batch molded real badly so I have to start growing again. I thought I was getting a good system in growing the grass. I seem go have a hard time growing it. But I do agree about the fruit. When I drink the grass regularly I do'nt feel the need for fruits. I Love fruit, Don't get my wrong about that, anaken. But I think the juice of the wheat grass is the finest ever.
I need to find a enexpensive electric grass juicer for my dad. I got him enthused about the grass and now he wants to grow and juice his own. Does anybody have any suggestions about a grass juicer?

Date: July 30, 2007 08:49PM

Everything I sprout is now being done in soil and to the point where they have green leaves. That is not eating seeds that is eating greens which are very alkaline. I would rather eat things that are high in enymes,minerals,vitamins,fatty acids,phyto nutruits,chlorophyl,amino acids, etc than to eat something that lacks all of those for the sake of so called vibrations. I see the good possibility here in the very near future of permanatly eliminating all fruit. I'm close to that allready.

elnatural

Date: July 30, 2007 10:36PM

elnatural, Wheat grass is very nutricious and so are sprouts. There are many people who are unable to use soil to grow their own. Do you drink wheat grass juice?

Date: July 30, 2007 10:56PM

pam....You might try growing your grass using a fan for ventilation. I grow mine under a ceiling fan. You might also try using a little Hydrogen Peroxide in a spray bottle. I can't remember the last time I had mold.

el....I'm going to join you in eliminating Fruit. I've always wanted to try an "All Liquid", predominately Green, Diet. Keep us informed as to your progress, and I'll do the same.

an....I wouldn't put Romaine Lettuce and Wheatgrass in the same category, even though I like both (Wheatgrass Rules!!). Have you ever tried Romaine, Tomato, and Avocado together?......WY

Date: July 31, 2007 12:33AM

fruit was given to man for food by GOD.

also given were the grains and greens.

any eating philosophy which goes to an extreme such as"eliminating fruit" is out of balance.

anything out of balance is to be looked on with caution.

eating too much fruit is also out of balance.

each person must determine what works best for them through a process of trial and error.

as i have always said ,its not just what you eat..but also what you don't eat that makes the difference.

fasting and cleansing a just as important as eating and most people need cleansing and fasting more than eating.

yogi and el natural..... are you boasting about not eating fruit as some high leval attainment or what?

naturally people ith candida problems need to be cautious and careful about fruits and other sweet juices and foods.

i like mixing wheatgrass with other juices...there is no hard set in stone rule that it must be taken by itself...its more fun to mix it with other healthy things and to be creative with it.

juicing is an artform so have fun with it and enjoy!

juicin' john

Date: July 31, 2007 01:32AM

It seems that jucin jon brought balance in this talk. Thankyou
Thank-you wheatgrass yogi for the helpful hints. I am just starting with growing the wheat grass. My last batch grew very nicely however I placed the trays outside and it rained a lot, That is why they molded. Sometimes I sprout the seeds for to long and they tend to mold. I have a problem with mold when I have the seeds under cover setting into the soil. I am learning. I have heard of hydrogen peroxide and will give that a good try. I also need a good fertilizer the grass I get seems to be weak or something. I keep trying and soon will get the hang of it. I do have a black thumb but I am hungry to so that motivates me. So you would say I am a highly motivated black thumb.

Date: July 31, 2007 01:34AM

correction
I sprout everything to greens except for nuts and seeds that I use for pates and dressings.

these are the seeds for sprouts that I have and or will soon have. This is just a starting point.
mung beans,adzuki beans,garbonzo beans,lentils,peas
buckweat,wheat,spelt,kamut,oats,barley,aramanth,teff, quinoa
radish, alfalfa, fenugreek, clover
spinach, kale, celery, colards, cucumber
sunflower, seseme, flax, almonds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, pecans, chia

J.J.
I don't boast of anything. To me any more after 10 years of raw foods fruit is worthless so I dont eat it. You say we have to find our own way but then you try to make it mandatory for all to eat fruit. That isn't finding whats best for all.
In the garden of Eden did they have to eat to stay alive?
I say no.
Did they have to eat everything to stay alive?
again I say no.
Are the fruits we have now identical to those back then?
and for the third time I say no.

elnatural

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 31, 2007 01:54AM

if youve gotten mold then you need to do a thorough cleaning of your equipment and environment ..allyour trays and utensils should be sterilized ..use the dishwasher on hottest setting possible .. clean your surrounding tables and other surfaces

mold spores can live long on all sorts of surfaces

increased airflow decreases mold smiling smiley the more air the less chance of mold forming

pampam you also say your mold starts when undercover starting the seeds .. dont cover them then .. just keep them warm enough to sprout

i use electric heating pads or blankets under my trays on low to get things warm an cozy .. keep the cover off and the air moving

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2007 01:56AM by Jgunn.

Date: July 31, 2007 02:10AM

pampam
Yes I drink wheatgrass juice.

elnatural

Date: July 31, 2007 02:51AM

haha, this thread blew up exactly as I wanted it...now heres some real information/opinions

JJ 1st:

yeah, while its better to have an example, sometimes people are just great at relaying the ideas...and thats their function

thanks for clearing that up about the berry...but do you believe that the 'mineral density' or whatever, relative to spinach or whatever...even matters? (although I can see the appeal of easily growing your own indoors)

ah WY answered this...

el-natural 1st:

I'm sure theres some truth (especially in growing your own - and to that extent) that the greens from those seeds are superior in those catagories...as are many greens in comparison to fruits.

Fruit is exploding with those things as well...even commercial hybridized ones, just not in density.

for me I think health is pretty much about what you are leaving out...not about how many enzymes and minerals you are taking in....and digestive rest is key

not saying you are wrong...i'm actually quite fascinated with the sprouting thing (incase I ever plan on being a hermit in a non juicy climate - haha...it IS possible)

but not too impressed because people can 'live' on pretty much anything. certainly fresh grown anything...with care..would be very high on that list that one could exist on.

JJ 2nd:

pretty much my sentiments exactly...Not that I even think there would... inevitably be issues with such a stance, but the idea of that 'stance' itself just baffles me. The whole "Modern fruit is devoid of _____' issue is so absurd. even if it was true it wouldn't matter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2007 03:00AM by anaken.

Date: July 31, 2007 05:27AM

Eat Fruit if you want. I have a friend in NY who's a "100% Raw Vegan", living on predominately Fruit, and a 'speciman' of physical strength. Fruit works. Dr. Doug Graham, and many others on 8-1-1 are living proof.
I simply said "When I eat fruit, it makes me not want to drink Wheatgrass Juice". Simple reasoning tells me to give up the Fruit. What you do is fine with me. Just share it if it works.......WY

Date: July 31, 2007 03:43PM

in a natural state of affairs (without machines) the closest thing we get to wheatgrass juice is what the cow chewing grass from the pasture. (grasses other than wheat.....unless the cow breaks through the fence into the farmers wheat field lol) wheatgrass juice drinking is a man made affair..possbible because of machine. fruit however is growing on trees and juices by gravity and juiciness in some really juicey instances.

we all know that wheatgrass is a very powerful healing substance ...and it is often employed allopathically by those who are in need of strong medicine. this is good. the "hunger" for wheatgrass juice arises from the need and the anticipated results of using its powerfull constituents to heal with.

to say you lose your appetite for wheatgrass juice when you eat fruit is an instance of your body trying to communicate. i belive that the body has an innate intelligence.

of course if the cravings for junk food,drugs etc. are what the body is telling
you that it wants....obviously we are totally distanced from the above mentioned issues of health and healing and are instead dealing with addictions...to unhealthy foods and substances which lead us into sickness and death.

of course if wheatgrass yogi were to give up wheatgrass for any reason he would need to find a new nickname and his wheatgrass reputation would be history.

personally i think wheat grass should be used as a supplement to other juice combinations to strenghthen the body and maintain good vibrant health.

good health with juicing is simple....no need to complicate it.

juicin' john

Date: July 31, 2007 05:58PM

JJ.....Nice post!! Yes, you're right. The Wheatgrass Yogi cannot give up Wheatgrass Juice. How would it look??? For me, it's either Wheatgrass Juice or Fruit. I can't do both. They don't 'mix'. I'm going to try the alkaline Green juices for a while.......WY

Date: July 31, 2007 06:49PM

watermellon is a perfect food source, especially the rind, which has loads of protein.

Date: August 01, 2007 04:10PM

pam....Thanks for the reminder. I Love Watermelon Rind Juice. I cut it into small pieces and run it through my Omega 8003. It does a pretty good job. My problem is I can't always buy Organic.....WY

Date: August 02, 2007 10:29PM

I know what you mean about the organic watermellon. It is very expensive. But the watermellon rind is an excelent source of nutrients. I do enjoy wheatgrass juice and really need some right now.

Date: August 03, 2007 01:19AM

I'm having some Wheatgrass Juice now, followed a bit later with Watermelon Rind Juice. It's more fun eating the Watermelon. Ha Ha.
It's quite a bit of work growing enough Wheatgrass for twice a day, but it's part of my routine now.

Pam.....Keep growing Wheatgrass and your Thumb will change colors, from Black to Green.....WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables