Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: "Is anyone still juicing?" Blending vs. Juicing -that's the question!
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: September 28, 2007 05:49PM

anaken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> not to sound harsh, but out of curiosity...is
> there a reason you cannot chew throughly? I'll take this conversation as if you're not trying to be Mean to me. I can chew very thoroughly, and I love to chew. I'm simply saying that no one takes the time to properly chew their food. A man named Horace Fletcher suggested that every bite should be chewed 100 times per minute. He was known as "The Great Masticator". But who can do that? That's why I'm using my high-speed blender for all my solid foods now......WY

[www.reference.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2007 05:55PM by Wheatgrass Yogi.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "Is anyone still juicing?" Blending vs. Juicing -that's the question!
Posted by: anaken ()
Date: September 29, 2007 12:57AM

no meanness..yogi friend.

I don't know how else to 'argue' this without using definitive terms

I do believe that agrees with my definition of a quick fix? no? not passing judgment on it..simply saying that the idea that blending makes something MORE digestible then chewing throughly to be false, except if one CAN'T otherwise eat whole foods. Thats really the only argument that gripes me. If people find that it helps them eat more produce and it digests better then shovelling food down like there is some big hurry...then fine. but its funny - to me - that if that is the case then juicing makes all the more sense IMO. And if someone feels that is working for them...fine, just don't make a bunch of half-assed judgments about what they don't know about.

making the case against 'refining' foods because it is not a 'whole food' then systematically mixing a bunch of gunk in a blender because having fiber is 'natural' and unlocks more nutrients (as if we need MORE 'hidden' nutrients when the well known keys to health is leaving out crap..and digestive rest, NOT bombarding the stomach with fruit and plant fibers) is just the climax of ignorance

I'm well aware of Fletcher...I like Ehret's comments on his ideas being smart because they create a level of fasting...although certainly he was 'fletcherizing' non plant foods...

most things tend to 'dissolve' in my mouth after chewing just a few times..with greens: you can keep greens in your mouth and continue shoveling them in without ever swallowing anything but liquid...sometimes you are left with an undisolvable 'lump'..in the case of celery or something

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables