Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Why its good to eat/drink ONLY fresh made juices/purees?
Posted by: ErikSkulasonUSA ()
Date: August 06, 2007 12:16AM

I believe that fresher is better.

We eat organic, so the best thing is to eat the fruits and veggies when they have their maximum of qualities/energy. Just after we picked them up or pulled them from the ground, or right after we pulled them out from freezer and prepared them (I avoid the term "cook"winking smiley.

Unfortunately, we cannot do this often, but when we process them in blenders or juicers the blades spinning with so many RPM are embedding billions of microbubbles of air, increasing the level and speed of oxidation process.

Refrigerating will slow down the process, but still the organic blend will continue to oxidate and the to-complex-to-discuss chemical reactions will still continue, degrading the quality of juice or whatever puree we prepared.

For situations when we have to prepare larger quantities of juice and purees of any kind, will be benefic probably to centrifuge the juice/puree at the end, eliminating all that interstitial air and the quality (and taste for sure) will be much better - but not better than FRESH.

What do you, guys think about this?

Pls. excuse my English - foreigner.

=============================================================
Medicine, Food Industry and Commerce are businesses.
Is their goal to make/keep me healthy or to make more profit?
=============================================================

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why its good to eat/drink ONLY fresh made juices/purees?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 06, 2007 12:59AM

You make a strong case against Blending and Juicing. For maximum nutrition, I believe high-speed Blending is Best, followed by Juicing, with natural eating bringing up the Rear. After all, who can chew their food long and well enough?......WY

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables