Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Does anyone have a good green juice fasting routine?
Posted by: basil ()
Date: August 08, 2007 10:44AM

Hello Everyone smiling smiley
I have been eating kind of crappy and desperately needed a change and an incentive to hop on the rawfood wagon. I knew that fasting was the answer. I'm on the 6th day of the master cleanse now. Since I've done it before and know exactly what its like I thought it would be a good transition into a better fast... I know that it's not really the best fast out there, way too much sugar! hmmm, maybe thats why i'm still up at 3:30am.

anyway, when I'm done with this fast I'd like to do a green juice fast to replenish and get off the sugar, but I need a routine to follow. Does anybody have good advise?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does anyone have a good green juice fasting routine?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 08, 2007 02:15PM

I'm thinking about going on a Wheatgrass-Celery Juice fast...with plenty of Water in between......WY

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: August 08, 2007 02:29PM

just adjust the fast you are on to less sugar. do some green drinks with cucumber, celery, spinach, any kind of greens and make it taste good with a small amount of apple and some herbs mixed in.

sugar on a fast ...is not optimal.

you should be ok.

i am starting a fast today. i started it with a blueberry,peach, acnd chia seed smoothie with organic pinaple juice. that will be the last solid food i take until it is over. i plan to do some wheatgrass combined with other greens and veggies.

hope you get back on track with your fast...dont worry just cut out the sugar and you should be fine. alittle apple or pear whould be ok for taste purposes only.

juicin' john

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 08, 2007 04:22PM

hh what is chia seed? smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: August 08, 2007 07:35PM

chia seed is a seed that has a jelly like outer coating that gels when it is moistoned. when you grind it up in a coffee grinder and add it to smoothies it thickens them up and adds a tasty form of bulk or fiber to you diet....thus improves the bowel function.

it is really neat stuff. i just go turned on to it last week and i ordered some off the internet. i have known about it for years but never paid much attention to using it on a regular basis.

i think tha tthe indians used it for stamina on long hunting trips with their pemmican.

also it enjoyed a faddish populkarity as chia pet was advertised on tv serveral years ago. it would come with a ceramic"pet" and one would moisten the seeds to get them to gel and then they would adhere to the ceramic "pet" and would start growing and look like a wool on a sheep or womthing of that nature.

i never owned one.

[www.latinmerchant.com]

[www.chiaseedandoil.com]

jj

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables