Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Book: Power Juices Super Drinks
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: August 10, 2007 05:50PM

Well, it's true. You really can't judge a book by it's cover. This one looked pretty good ..maybe because it's shiny and colorful. Inside, it's pretty vague and not much useful information.

There's about 3 pages on each "condition". The first paragraph summarizing it, the second generalizing the cause and then the last 2 paragraphs recommending common sense dietary changes such as staying away from SAD food and eating fruits/vegetables.

Some of the recipes even have ingredients such as Oat and Wheat bran, Vanilla flavored soy milk and Brewer's Yeast...

So, don't waste $12 like I did. Go with Normal Walker's Juicing book instead. I recommend this website over this book:
[whfoods.org]
Because that's basically what this book is. What fruits and vegetables contain what nutrients and what they're highest in. I like the website beter. This book is for people who don't have the internet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Book: Power Juices Super Drinks
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 11, 2007 03:30AM

I looked several times, but the World's Healthiest Food (Wheatgrass) didn't make the list of the World's Healthiest Foods.....WY
[whfoods.org]

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: August 11, 2007 08:37AM

lol You didn't read below for the "criteria". The foods have to be "readily availbable" and "familiar foods". The site is meant for the average person trying to eat healthy.

Eh, not like the book has a huge thing written on Wheatgrass that I didn't get off the internet anyway.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 13, 2007 08:27PM

this post made me laugh
like it or not
it did

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: August 14, 2007 11:04PM

so, we who drink wheat grass are above normal? I would like to be a grass pusher and get the world turned on to grass I think it would be a happier place.

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: August 15, 2007 02:29AM

Does anyone know if the juice they sell at Jamba juice is raw? I know they have wheatgrass. I don't have a wheatgrass juicer. I know a girl who just chews a little wheatgrass instead of juicing it. Does this work the same way?

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 15, 2007 05:34PM

Chewing Wheatgrass is a difficult way to extract the juice. I sometimes chew on the pulp as it comes out of the juicer, not for the juice but the feeling of it between my teeth....Oh for simple pleasures.

pam....Haven't heard from you in a while. Did you ever get that Red Label? How's your Dad?......WY

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: August 16, 2007 03:52PM

Island girl, In my area I have a jamba juice and they have wheat grass available. I noticed they have milk and Icecream in some of there juices so the last time I went there I just got some grass and orange juice for later.

wheat grass yogi. My dad ordered the red label yet it has not arrived yet. I have been having some car troubles and family issues that make it difficult to get over to see him. He lives a distance from me. He is hanging in there yet I need to get over there and help with the grass growing. I hope to be some help. I have not been so successful myself in the grass growing. One good noat is I optained a free green house from craigs list this week and will have a place to put my grass. yea.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables