Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Blendtec -vs- Vitamix
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 11, 2007 12:08AM

Anyone have either of these blenders? Which is better? I've done research on both but want some feed back from "real" people, not sales reps.

Thanks for your input.
~Mara

p.s. Vitamix 5000, (wet blender only)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2007 12:18AM by Mara....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blendtec -vs- Vitamix
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 11, 2007 01:17AM

I think the opinion is split about 50-50. I like Vita-Mix because of the manual control of the speeds, but many people prefer the programmed cycles of the Blendtec......WY
P.S. I owned the Vita-Mix 5000 for many,many years and liked it. I've recently purchased the Vita-Prep 3 by Vita-Mix and like it even better.

Date: August 11, 2007 01:21AM

Thanks for the info. The manual control of the speeds -vs- the programmed cycles is one of the things I'm up in the air about.

I'd ask about the Vita-Prep 3 but then I'd NEVER decide! LOL!

Date: August 11, 2007 03:23AM

The programmed cycles of the Blendtec probably work best for Chefs or people who can't 'stay' with the blender while it's blending. I also think the Blendtec might be better quality than the Vita-Mix, but I'm just going by the videos I've seen at the Blendtec site, as I've never used one. Even though I like the power of the Vita-Prep 3, It's not as 'solid' as I'd like......WY

Date: August 11, 2007 08:02AM

I've heard the Vita-Mix is "very" loud....is that true?

Date: August 11, 2007 11:47AM

When I 'kick in' the High-Speed override switch to develop 3 HP, it gets pretty loud, but that's just for a few seconds. The whole blending process takes less than a minute (for me), so the noise is not an Issue......WY

Posted by: superjuicer ()
Date: August 11, 2007 04:00PM

On the blendtec HPA3A there are 2 buttons that let you decrease or increase the speed from 1 through 10. So it is basically the same as an adjustable knob. It's not just programed cycles. However it only lasts for like 50 seconds so you need to press it all the way up to the desired speed after 50 seconds.

Date: August 12, 2007 01:51AM

Thanks for the info everyone. I've made my choice.. Vita-Mix 5000 is the winner!

Date: August 12, 2007 02:14AM

Good choice. Good luck....WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables