Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Blending dilema
Posted by: Werewolf ()
Date: August 29, 2007 05:18AM

I received a personal blender as a present a few days ago, and used it for the first time today. I love it! I made 3 smoothies, and even some guacamole. I had so much fun with it! I wrote to a friend of mine about it, who is also interested in raw foods, and sort of gave it my stamp of approval. He responded with asking me how fast the blades spin, wondering if they got hot enough to kill enzymes 0_0 My problem is that I have no idea.

Is this something I need to worry about? One of the easiest/yummiest raw food meals I make, raw oatmeal, involves blending. All of my smoothies involve blending, and guacamole, too. I couldn't give up blending. Am I just being silly? Can my little blender really heat my food above 125 degrees F? (I forget the exact temperature at which enzymes actually start dying).

If it makes any difference, this is the blender I got:
[www.tribestlife.com]

I am interested in eventually getting a juicer, but in addition to costing a lot of money that I don't have right now, there are just some things you can't do with a juicer!

Any and all comments/questions/advice/answers are appreciated smiling smiley

-Werewolf

PS I'm new, so... hi!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blending dilema
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: August 29, 2007 12:53PM

i would say not worry about heating the sommoothies with a small blender anything aobre 96.6(body temp) would be really noticeable.

ezymes deactivate at around 120 degrees and are not living entities like cells.
so deactivate would be a more realistic way of expressing what happens when they are stressed.

i would think that your small blender could do a very great percentage of your food prep for a raw diet.

a vita mix is unnecessary for most people. i have one those small personal type blenders myself and i use it alot. it is a very handy little tool for me.

enjoy!

jj

Re: Blending dilema
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 29, 2007 09:56PM

Hello,

Check the Vitamix web site outsmiling smiley Lots of free info and recipies on blending...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables