Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Wheatgrass Yogi ....Question
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: September 10, 2007 10:07PM

Do I really need to start out "slow" with wheatgrass or can I just down a couple shots throughout the day in between meals? I want to heal something not just general detox. I've had it before but never stuck with it and this will be something I'll be doing regularly/everyday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2007 10:07PM by LikeItOrNot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wheatgrass Yogi ....Question
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: September 11, 2007 12:17AM

Wheatgrass Juice falls into the category of Food Supplement unless you take 4 ounces, 4 times a day. Then it can be classified as 'Healer'. I'm currently taking 3 ounces every morning. In the past I have taken as much as 6 ounces a day, but it's too much work for me to grow that amount everyday. After all, I am retired. LOL.
I wish I could grow mine outside, then I could drink the amount that I want.

LikeItorNot....If you're in a Healing Mode, my advice to you (and myself) would be to drink as much Wheatgrass Juice as you can and have two, 32 ounce Green Smoothies daily. Limit your Fruit intake, and reduce your Fat consumption to near zero.
Keep us posted as to what you're doing and the results you're getting. Have you read Victoria Boutenko's book "Green for Life"? It's quite exciting the way she recommends preparing Green Smoothies with a Power Blender........WY

Date: September 11, 2007 03:38AM

Thanks. Hmm what's "healing mode"? I want to get rid of something.lol. What's wrong with fruit? It's apple season!! sad smiley 4oz 4times a day does sound like a lot. Haven't tried it yet.

I've read parts of her book and tried some of her recipes that were posted on a forum a while ago and I couldn't stomach them. I usually drink juice, mostly carrot based to quickly absorb the nutrients. Then an hour later eat all the green pulp and some carrot pulp for the fiber/colon cleansing/Toxin absorbing thing.

Date: September 11, 2007 07:25AM

By 'Healing Mode' I mean you're serious about healing and not doing anything to compromise that position.
There's nothing wrong with fruit if you're so inclined. For myself, I'm cutting back on Fruit and increasing the Greens.
My favorite Green Smoothie, one I can do over and over again, is.....

a 4 or 4.5 oz. bag of Organic Mixed Greens
4 Campari Tomatoes
3 medium Carrots
2 ribs of Celery
3/4 cup of water

Blend at the highest speed until completely Homogenized.
It only takes a few seconds and makes about 32 ounces of smoothie......WY

Date: September 11, 2007 09:26PM

hmm tomatoes and greens..never thought about mixing those together. No "food combining" issues? (not that I think I have any anyway..) Thanks.

Hey quick question on smoothies -
Ever have a problem with bubbles in it and then it feeling ..gassy.. or bloated afterwards? I use bananna and frozen berries and there's always little air bubbles in it and I don't feel right afterwards. Even if I wait a few minutes for them to "settle" in the blender.

Date: September 12, 2007 04:38PM

Fruit Smoothies taste good, but I'm growing quite fond of the Green Smoothie. They 'feel' better. Nope, never have air bubbles, but, then again, I don't make fruit smoothies. Perhaps someone else could jump in here and comment about that?
For me, Tomatoes make the smoothie. I have a friend who uses Lemon in her smoothies (Or Blended Salads, as she calls them). Victoria Boutenko says the Lemon is very Alkalinizing to the body.....WY

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 02, 2007 01:38PM

Please let me know if this is on another thread, but relating to the amount of growing wheatgrass, suggestions on sprouters for wheatgrass if you're growing your own and looking to do enough for 2 adults, 2 kids a day.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables