Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Air bubbles in my fruit smoothies
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: September 17, 2007 02:42PM

I love my morning fruit smoothies which usually consist of water, banannas, a pear, frozen berries and some other random fruit. But lately there's too much air bubbles and it doesn't settle in my stomach right. It makes me burp afterwards. I've tried letting it sit for a minute and they're still there. Suggestions?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2007 02:43PM by LikeItOrNot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Air bubbles in my fruit smoothies
Posted by: diamond dave ()
Date: September 17, 2007 08:43PM

Can you share some more particulars with us? What sort of blender and carafe are you using? How much water and fruit are you mixing? Is all your fruit room temperature or is some frozen? And sort of a "duh" thing to ask - how long are you running the blender when making a smoothie?

I contributed to another post on the blender forum relative to my new purchase, a Waring Xtreme 3.5 hp bad boy blender that makes short work out of anything. The stock Waring container is rather large and square in shape and I found that a lot of air was introduced in my smoothies, too. On a tip from another member (the lovely Nannie11) I purchased a conical shaped VitaMix container and problem solved! The Waring seems to blend things even more quickly with the VitaMix and there's hardly any air.

Just providing you with my experience to date. Indeed hope this helps!

Regards,

David

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: September 18, 2007 03:45PM

like it...

here's an idea.

step one...with your greenstar make some juice out of applles or what ever will harmonize with your smoothy recipe for the quality of liquidity which you prefer. if you you like them really thick then you may be able to skip this step.

step two.....change the juiceing screen for the homogenizing blank and start "grinding all your fruits which will be in the smoothy to the amount which you need. leave some room in the juice cup and add the remaining juice which you made when you started in step one.

you can evan use a separate bowl for the combing wince the juice cup is kinda small. try eating it with spoon like soup or if you prefer just drink it as you choose. the air bubbles will be mostly eliminated.

juicin' john

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: September 18, 2007 09:23PM

LikeItOrNot Wrote:
> I love my morning fruit smoothies which usually
> consist of water, banannas, a pear, frozen berries
> and some other random fruit. But lately there's
> too much air bubbles and it doesn't settle in my
> stomach right. It makes me burp afterwards. I've
> tried letting it sit for a minute and they're
> still there. Suggestions? You might try mixing in some leaves of Mixed Baby Greens.....WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables