Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

a liberal proposition......
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: September 24, 2007 03:53PM

juicing is a liberal proposition.....

when we juice, especially those who know about the "guerilla wellfare" sourcing of lotsa free, plantbased nutrition, we discard or spend the fiberous portion, which techinically speaking, must have some good stuff still in it....in favor of being able to feed our bodies huge quantities of nutrition.

blending on the other hand is more of a conservative proposition....

those who are blending for the most part, make an effort to use the fiber as well as the juice....and as a result can only gain for their body, a much smaller quantity of nutritive substances. also it is a known fact that agricultural chemicals and spray residues cling to the fibers. another thing to consider is that a much longer time is need for digestion when maximum surface area of fiber is exposed to the digestive function. it also takes a much longer time for the nutrients to be assimiliated into the cells.

for example:

today i juiced about 7 lb. (alot!) of beet tops in my greenstar,2 lbs of watermelon and cantelope rinds ( which would noramlly get thrown away if i wasn't juicing them), 3lbs of apples, a few beets,some kale, turnip greens, sorrel, and stinging nettles. i will be drinking this all day long and getting huge quantities of nutrition plus i will be able to eat and enjoy my other foods throughout the day without feeling bloated or stuffed. (3/4 gallon)

juicing is the most highly leveraged health modality on the planet.....and there is so much free....i mean not having to pay money for it... plantbased nutrition available in many parts of the world...all you need to do is go out and look for it. having a greenstar juicer is important if you want to take advantage of it.

you nee the correct tools to do a good job.

juicin' john

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: a liberal proposition......
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 24, 2007 04:20PM

great post JJ !

*clink* heres to juice ! smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: September 24, 2007 04:40PM

jodi

have you decided what you will do with all the guerilla cucummbers you gleaned?

here's an idea....why not make some delicious "probiotic-rich" pickles with some of them. (with dill and garlic ummm.)

you must know how to do it or you could end up losing a good batch of pickles.(thats what happened to me)

good luck!

jj

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 24, 2007 08:27PM

hehe i have agood friend who is pickling some as we speak ! smiling smiley i love her pickles theyre very garlicky which i love tongue sticking out smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 29, 2007 02:21PM

maybe squeeze some lemon in it too

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables